Flash warning on the website.

▶dweller◀

All pages on the backpack.tf main domain are giving an alert, http://i.imgur.com/UbD9TPR.png, and then the page redirects to a malicious download page. What's going on here, could there be a malicious ad or something that's causing this? It's not my computer, it only happens on backpack, and it's extremely annoying.

EDIT: the page redirects to a phishing link after about a minute if I let it sit. 

EDIT 2: it is indeed malicious ads

<script src="malicious url/ads.min.js"></script>

alert('WARNING: Your Flash Player plugin is outdated! Upgrade to continue!');
location.replace('malicious link here')

Can't post to issue tracker because the site is broken. This is seriously bad, think of how many people will accidentally click this and run whatever it is. rip inventories

Remove the phishing link for one.

Second, that does seem to be happening and it appears to be an ad being click bait. 

Report it to someone on the moderating team as soon as possible to block the ad.

But seriously, holy shmoly.

Brad, pls fix.

By the way I'd remove the links you put on here, it's against the rules regardless if you're trying to warn people.

edit:

Clicking "Prevent page from creating additional dialogue" seems to help, just hit the X afterwards.

This happens way too frequently for such a large website.

Was the same with outpost too for ~ a month.

Seems to be with the most commonly installed programs, eg java, flash etc.

Brad pls fix

Chrome just sent me an alert message while I was at backpack.tf
Its says that Flash Plugin needs to be updated.
Then an .exe file is downloaded.

Its a virus.
Do not execute.

I'm not yet sure is if its an issue from backpack.tf or my computer.

Peace.

Yes it is likely malware, we have told Brad/Fiskie, and might make a PSA later. Don't download that link

It sometimes auto downloads a .exe 

This stuff is usually an ad that got through some filters but usually they get killed very fast. I haven't got it myself and I have tried with adblock on or off. If I can't see it, it's hard for me to report the bad ad without screenshots and such. Can someone who sees it post a screenshot of the ad and the url it points to, so i can report it.

I guess only people with adblock are affected, since it's pagefair delivered which is not blocked by adblock plus.. I will remove pagefair for now but guys just don't block backpack.tf and you'll be ok ;) 

Funnily enough, I have no adblocking software or anything, and it tried to auto-download anyway. Chrome picked up that it was malicious, though. Good save.  :ph34r:

Archived