To backpack.tf premium users

Third

I'm on the fence right now about getting it. On one hand, I would like to finish these collections sooner rather than later. On the other, I don't really want to bother random people too much. I would become the type of person to send an add or trade offer for something that somebody isn't selling. So, my question is how do you trade people to get what you want without overtly annoying the said person. I could just tell them why I did, that I'm a collector and all that, but that would probably just have them jack their price up to 2 keys or something ridiculous.

Or should  just not bother and wait to see if any hit the open trading market?

tl:dr How does one buy something that isn't for sale without looking like a total prick, or overpaying by 300%?

I'm a collector of Dixies and other several Rarities so i think i'm at liberty to answer this more than most profit whores "traders"

The main thing i do, I investigate their trading history and profile;

Have they ever put that item up for trade?

Are there any trades hinting they might be selling it?

On their profile, does it hint any idea that they might not be selling anything in their inventory?

In my cases, the Hellfire, Darkblaze, Harvest, 13th and several other Dixies have this tendency - They were never listed for sale and even on some profiles are a message saying "I AIN'T SELLING YOU ANYTHING"

So imo, i'd just wait, but get Premium anyway coz you'll need locations of the items

However if it's a scenario like the Spellbound Dixie, where he listed it for sale 2 years ago at a B/O of 3 buds but closed the trade, I would call it a green light, since he was at one point looking to sell it. So i bought it for his B/O, and here it is, in my inv, happy and safe

On another hand, I have a Level 3 Vintage Tyrant's Helm, i'm sending you a trade offer

I've also bookmarked your trade in case i see anything Level 3 you need, i love helping other collectors

I'm on the fence right now about getting it. On one hand, I would like to finish these collections sooner rather than later. On the other, I don't really want to bother random people too much. I would become the type of person to send an add or trade offer for something that somebody isn't selling. So, my question is how do you trade people to get what you want without overtly annoying the said person. I could just tell them why I did, that I'm a collector and all that, but that would probably just have them jack their price up to 2 keys or something ridiculous.

Or should  just not bother and wait to see if any hit the open trading market?

tl:dr How does one buy something that isn't for sale without looking like a total prick, or overpaying by 300%?

jack up price unless you have a charm that can convince them to sell to you at reg price 

Well people with premium aren't allowed to share their services, so you're gonna have to either buy it yourself or look for the people manually, which will take a very long time.

As for asking to purchase, don't start off with a lowball. They'd most likely just turn you away straight away. Depending on the craft #, rarity, etc, offer how much you'd be willing to pay, but also less than how much you'd think you'd be able to sell it for.

A lot of people only use premium for suggesting or sharking so I don't know

Many people do say on their profile "not selling blank", although in your case you aren't after anything too expensive or rare so I would just make sure that they're an active trader (if they have one outpost trade open for any item) and if they do I would just add them and bear with their response if it's bad :P

Thanks for the quick responses everybody!

@♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥ x ♥Sel♥ Thank you so much! I've been searching the backpack classies and outpost everyday to find these darn things. I'm whittling it down piece by piece and any help would be mighty appreciated.

@A Rush Of Blüd ² The Head That's the thing though, I don't think I have the charm :P

@Rainford I don't plan on selling, and I'm pretty much the only one who sees any more value in the level, so I'd basically be offering regular price (and I'm not asking anyone to use their own premium to help, I am aware that is against the rules)

@Zapperzz The problem is that I don't want to be 'that guy' who adds you to buy something that isn't for sale, so any inconvenience to the seller I would prefer to avoid.

i just got premium to shark the everliving shit out of craft number 1s

Every one that isn't owned by bobsplosion is owned by someone that says "dont add me im not selling anything" on their profile

so thereyago

I've decided to wait until our next school break to get premium and pursue these items, so as to have no homework or studying to deal with. Thanks for all the feedback everybody!

Archived