How to reduce the number of idiots who add me

AwesomeMcCoolName

Ok, so as the title says...gimme ideas

I've seriously had it with the morons who don't read, the assholes who flip a shit and curse you out when you decline their shit offer (even though you specified no offers), or just the general retard who doesn't know how to ask for something but rather asks to buy "hat". 

P.S it needs to work for regular items i.e. hats/stranges/vintages/genuines/etc...

P.P.S. Keep it serious

Don't accept random adds

Start blocking every single person who adds you for something retarded

Put stranges/hats into buy now

You BP value is the problem. 

move all your god tier shit one an alt, and use that account for low tier stuff, 

You BP value is the problem. 

move all your god tier shit one an alt, and use that account for low tier stuff, 

Very few people add me asking for free shit

//surprisingly 

Very few people add me asking for free shit

//surprisingly 

same

the amt of that happening is so goddamn low I give the askers free shit

if one of you guys do it though... nothing 4 you.

most of the time

they add you to buy something

if it is an unusual, ask if it is overpay/pure

most will unadd.

if it is low tier,

if you see one item that is not pure, insta close and unfriend.

The amt of stupid poeple will not drop, but less stupid will be thrown on you.

if it is an unusual, ask if it is overpay/pure

You should just listen to the offer as not everyone values things the same (i.e. they might be undervaluing it), plus there are plenty of times i made an even trade because i thought it would be an easier sell or have a more stable price (e.g. cloudy cannon for burning hazmat)

Listen to all offers, tell them they need to add.

Traders who block random adds are dumbwe then the dumb trader who adds

i agree, i don't ignore random adds...but i really do need to cut back on the number of idiots....

Hmmm, i've got the ultimate solution: 

"I'm a bot, as such my prices are FIRM, the bot will only be able to trade if you are paying the listed price and have keys/metal. Note, the bot can provide change if needed." 

i agree, i don't ignore random adds...but i really do need to cut back on the number of idiots....

"I'm a bot, as such my prices are FIRM, the bot will only be able to trade if you are paying the listed price and have keys/metal. Note, the bot can provide change if needed." 

But when you're offline?^^ What Bot would be offline?

Or would you change your name to "[bot]*out of service* then and pretend that the Bot program crashes every day for some hours?

Charge 'em for the ability to offer. If they want to add to make an offer instead of paying in pure or posting in the trade, then they'll need to fork over a reclaimed or such before you even look at it.

Best way = just use classifieds :3

guarantee reduction of idiotic adds by 70%

for dear items on classifieds, they add u regardless. many start with 'do u sell / do u accept offers' or keep saying hi if i dont respond

i wish they just state their business with the 1st line, which id send trade, leave rep and delete.

i fear the only warning message that works would be 'dont add me', otherwise no other messages would stop those idiots.

i.e. so many have ignored my 'pure only'....

i feel the only way is to be a robot. something like - im busy, will not have time to chat. when i accept ur request, send a trade offer which i will check and respond in 5 min.

however they must not be dyslexic

"I am a robot from the future, I have come to take your metal and keys in exchange for my items. If you make shit offers I will block you. Beep boop, maggot."

"I am a robot from the future, I have come to take your metal and keys in exchange for my items. If you make shit offers I will block you. Beep boop, maggot."

I am a robot. If you give me all your keys, you will get all steam games from now on for free. I actually believe some idiot will fall for this

If you intend to get maximum exposure, there's nothing you can do. Anything you write will be ignored, assuming it's read at all. All that's left is mass ignoring and you'll definitely lose legitimate traders in the process, especially if you use sites where people can't alert you ahead of time like bp.tf's classifieds.

Most you can do is change how you handle it. Get an idiot? Don't insult, don't berate, just 'no thanks' and remove- minimal amount of time wasted on them. Someone insisting you go in the trade window without saying what the trade is? Politely insist they type the offer, and if they still refuse and insist on showing, just remove and move on.

Use a word doc for some standard responses that look like a bot response.

This helps; feel free to use. "

I DO NOT TAKE ITEMS; if you put something that is not a key, refined metal, reclaimed metal, or scrap metal in the trade window I will remove and block you. "

This helps; feel free to use. "

I DO NOT TAKE ITEMS; if you put something that is not a key, refined metal, reclaimed metal, or scrap metal in the trade window I will remove and block you. "

they won't read it anyway

I have had OP trades closed because I spam "DO NOT ADD ME" in the trade notes

It is rediculous, people will not read unless you spam it to them.

I have had OP trades closed because I spam "DO NOT ADD ME" in the trade notes

It is rediculous, people will not read unless you spam it to them.

they won't read it anyway

The only way to stop idiots is to stop trading or to stop their lives.

Stopping trading is impossible.

Stopping lives, however...

Archived