bp.tf base currency change suggestion (to key) / bud prices / key suggestions

ocolus

Hi!

I would like to suggest to change bp.tf's main backpack pricing currency to keys, instead of ref.

A few reason why:

- There are a lot of annoying comments on the recent key-ref rising suggetions, when the OP has 300+ keys. Like "He only wants to rise his bp value!" "He only doing this for profit!" etc. It is getting really annoying, even for the ones who against the price rising. If keys would be the main currency for backpack pricing, their bp couldn't rise, only drops with these suggestions. So these arguments would be absolutely invalid. And if the suggesters really did this for "rise their bp", they would only lose with this.

- The keys' price in USD are much more stable than refs'.

- Buds pricing problem (in USD):

Current bud price: 39.41$ - If im right, priced via refs' USD price. ~4.05(ref)*27(key)*~0.36(USD) = 39.36$ <-- Overpriced!

With a not ref related, independent key price: (1.30$/1.35$/1.40$)

- Price of 27 keys/bud:

Key / 1.30$ --> 35.1$

Key / 1.35$ --> 36.45$

Key / 1.40$ --> 37.8$

- Price of 26 keys/bud:

Key / 1.30$ --> 33.8$

Key / 1.35$ --> 35.1$

Key / 1.40$ --> 36.4$

Current key price: 1.46$ <-- Overpriced! ~1.30-1.35$ would be the optional.

Higher key price in refined --> higher bud price in $

An example, with the old key prices: (2.66 ref * 27keys)    

Old ref price:                   *0.45$            32.31$        <-- ~Optional bud price    

Current ref high-end       *0.37$            26.5$          <-- Too low

Current ref low-end:        *0.35$            25.1$          <-- Too low

__________________________________________________________________________________

4.00 ref * 27 keys      

with old ref price            *0.45$            48.6$        <-- Way too high

Reducing the USD price of ref is the only way to drop back the overpriced buds prices. (in USD) --> Keys can't establish themself in ref, constant rising --> Bud also has a constant rising in USD due to the pricing system --> The dropped price of refineds affects the largest part of the mannconomy, the ref priced hats/misc/stranges also have a dropping in USD along with refs. --> Between the 1-2keys worth hats/misc/stranges the gap only growing in both terms of refined and USD.

Current ref high-end      *0.37$            39.96$    <-- Too high

Current ref low-end        *0.35$            37.8$  <-- Still high

Possible optional price with the current pricing system:

Key should be 3.44 Ref (not possible, according to tf2finance)

3.44(ref)*27(key)*0.35(USD)    =    32.50$

3.44(ref)*27(key)*0.37(USD)    =    34.36$

Continue to reduce the value of ref in USD? Its price already reduced ridiculously.. There is more incoming keys, than refs! (ofc. not in numbers, but in ratios)

According to stats.tf:

501 198 Keys (+at least 7 000 keys which didn't converted to normal keys, like: fall / naughty winter 2012 / scorched / nicewinter 2012 and the older ones, but I wont include them)

1250429 pure refined - Key/Ref ratio = 2.49 ref

+267555 ref in reclaimeds  - Key/Ref ratio = 3.02-3.03 ref

+148130 ref in scraps - Key/Ref ratio = 3.32 ref

(And the new crates already out!)

A bit older stats from one of my previous post on someone's key suggestion.(8th Marc ~23:30 GMT+1 from stats.tf)

"Key/Ref ratio according to stats.tf: 1key = 2.58 Ref
including scraps and reclaimeds:            3.42 Ref"    

--> So the price of keys should be dropped, instead of increased.

The optional (non-hyped) price of keys should be 3.33-3.44. In the last few suggestions there were plenty of invalid/fishy proofs (almost half of them), probably the same with the older suggestions. (Most likely no one checked those.) Only tf2finance looks like an accurate proof. (I myself not sure how is it work, how it could prevent manipulation, but I must belive in its creator..)

The removing of the key suggestions would be even better, and put tf2finance's real time stats instead of them. If it is possible.
Bit ridiculous when finance goes 0.03 higher, and people immediately create a new key suggestion, while it is fluctuate all the day.. Like 4.04 now, ~4.07 a few hours ago.

tl;dr

tl;dr agreed

Not too bad. It's worth a read imo. Lemme make a tl;dr for you lazy bums

TL;DR: Keys should be the basis of the prices. If you use ref, you have to keep adjusting the USD value of ref to make the rest of the prices accurate since keys go up in terms of ref constantly.

Not too bad. It's worth a read imo. Lemme make a tl;dr for you lazy bums

TL;DR: Keys should be the basis of the prices. If you use ref, you have to keep adjusting the USD value of ref to make the rest of the prices accurate since keys go up in terms of ref constantly.

I fully agree with OP, I just didn't read his entire post because I know what he means.

• 3 weeks later...

So, what would you price regular weapons in terms of keys?

You could program a logical statement, if the value of an item is less than a key in metal have it transition to ref.

• 2 weeks later...

So, what would you price regular weapons in terms of keys?

Sry for the long delay. Didn't check the thread for a while.

I meant keys not as an "only currency", same as now. So stuffs should be in refs, keys or buds. But keys should be the base currency for the calculation of USD prices.

Same for the backpack pricecheck, the USD price calculated atm. based on the whole bp's worth, which is calculated in REF. It should be changed to key, instead of metal. And the USD price should be based on the whole BP's worth just like now, but based on keys instead of "REFINED".

If you meant for e.g. vintage half-zatoichi as 4.5 keys as the last accepted price, it shows 20.48 ref in metal atm. Then, you got me.. 0.01 key and stuffs like that would look awful. xS

Not sure, but probably if the items suggested in refined wouldn't show its price in keys. Or items suggested in refined, would only show its price in key, if it is more in ref, than a key.

So if a key=4ref, then an item with a 6 ref price could show 1.5 key, but a craft hat wouldn't have any price in key.

But I guess it would be a lots of work, if it is possible at all. xS

+Atm. the USD key prices also getting unstable (rising), so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to lock it to a fixed price.

Archived