Why are EU servers always so silent?

Supore

Okay, now this question has been bothering me for a while. You can look up any video from a popular NA TF2 player, and if they have voicechat on, there's always someone using voicechat. Just take a video from ThatGuyTagg (aka tagg) for example:

Now, comparing that to EU servers, literally NOBODY uses voicechat. And on the offchance that someone does, someone else just screams "SHUT UP KID" and it's silence again (might not always be the case). So why is this? Why are EU servers always so silent compared to NA servers?

tagg's only used a few clips from many hours of playing. I play on Australian servers so I can't exactly speak for EU or NA here, but generally it's rather quiet unless you go onto non-Valve servers with talkative people.

But otherwise, yeah, it's mostly dead silent.

Language barrier

A lot of grown-ass men don't feel the need to bitch and whine on mic to strangers

A lot of f2ps who don't even know how to use the voice function in tf2

People too busy killing/playing

Etc etc

I only play on NA servers and 90% of the games no one talks, sometimes there is a guy that says one or two sentences but that's about it.

The other 10% you encounter a group of 2-4 players talking and talking.

The opposite of US servers. Instead of people bitching every 3 seconds and acting edgy over mic, people just focus. I could get into this sorta thing.

EU people are too poor to afford mics.

HEY HEY HEY HEY That's just rude. Wait i'll say something funny. America's economy growth or better, American beer.

Probably one of the reasons is that we don't whine if we get killed.

And that's how the war starts.

Archived