Copyright Calamity (help!!)

Jingle

Hey, guys. I've been preparing on starting a gaming channel on YouTube. On the channel I plan to possibly feature some music from videogames (banjo kazooie, ocarina of time, etc.) and other artists (the ink spots, walk the moon, etc. etc.) in my videos. How might I be able to feature these tracks and others in my videos without being sued by the company/artist? Do I only need to link the artist in my video descriptions? I've been thinking about this for a short while, so I thought to make a topic on here and ask around.

Also, while I'm at it, does anyone know any artists whose music I COULD possibly use? I would love to be linked to them if you could find it in your heart to do so.

Thanks, guys!  :D

Edit: Also, what about the 20th century movie opening? I had a video idea with the use of it.

You really shouldn't play around with copyright. It usually ends up giving you just enough rope to hang yourself. Nintendo music and the music from the artists you said there will have to be modified. This is just so Youtube won't instantly catch it and flag it, doesn't mean that you're safe. I just wouldn't do it, you could end up losing your channel overnight. If you have 3 videos with copyrighted material in them your channel could be removed at any time.

You really shouldn't play around with copyright. It usually ends up giving you just enough rope to hang yourself. Nintendo music and the music from the artists you said there will have to be modified. This is just so Youtube won't instantly catch it and flag it, doesn't mean that you're safe. I just wouldn't do it, you could end up losing your channel overnight. If you have 3 videos with copyrighted material in them your channel could be removed at any time.

Alright then, what might you suggest I do regarding giving my channel some nice tunes? Also, how can I check whether or not music is copyrighted?

Alright then, what might you suggest I do regarding giving my channel some nice tunes? Also, how can I check whether or not music is copyrighted?

The way I've always done is to just have an alt youtube account and upload it there to see if youtube auto-detects anything.

I would suggest against  using the 20th century fox opening, because all major movie companies have copyrights to those openings. Also, I would recommend staying away from Sega and Nintendo licensed games, since they have bullshit copyright practices.

With that being said, YouTube has a plethora of music available in their creative commons library, which can be used without repercussions so long as you credit the others. Also, look up Kevin Macleod, and incompletech.com. Soundcloud is also a good source,so long as you stay away from using remixes.

Also, remember that Valve and Blizzard have their own monetization policies, with ikonakona's video serving as an example for Valve: 

I would suggest against  using the 20th century fox opening, because all major movie companies have copyrights to those openings. Also, I would recommend staying away from Sega and Nintendo licensed games, since they have bullshit copyright practices.

With that being said, YouTube has a plethora of music available in their creative commons library, which can be used without repercussions so long as you credit the others. Also, look up Kevin Macleod, and incompletech.com. Soundcloud is also a good source,so long as you stay away from using remixes.

Also, remember that Valve and Blizzard have their own monetization policies, with ikonakona's video serving as an example for Valve: 

Now, question: If I choose not to monetize a specific video and use the 20th century fox opening, would I still be in trouble for that?

Another thing: I want to use this music for an opening: 

Would the copyright practices still come into play for this song? Thanks again.

Archived