Man lives out on his yard after wife kicks him out.

Poorest scrub

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/07/husband-has-lived-in-his-front-yard-for-six-months-after-wife-kicked-him-to-the-curb/

So what do you guys think of this. Personally, i think even if he was abusing his wife it still doesn't give you the right to just kick him out. There are more appropriate ways to go about this. But i really dont know the whole story so im for the most part neutral.

What's the discussion?

I mean if he was abusing her then it's the appropriate reaction so she isn't harmed, and he could easily find a hotel or relative to stay with and spend the night. If she wasn't being abused then they should have tried to work it out before just kicking outside

He abused his wife, so he deserves a punishment. Being kicked out of his own home and spending 6 months living in a front yard without getting the basic needs of a person, however, is inhumane.

“She doesn’t want me to have any sort of comfort,â€

While Khan lives outside, with no access to food, his wife, a physician, has placed a sign on the front door asking people not to feed her husband.

“If you want to feed him, take him to your house,†the sign says. “If you want to, you can keep him at your house. Thanks for your sympathy, but do not bring anything on this property,â€

I can't imagine a person who abused his wife enough to be arrested for it would at the same time be so docile that he wouldn't try to break into his house and domineer over his wife again and take possession of his house and bed.

If anything, it's a legitimate possibility that the wife is abusive toward him, and that he was either A. only abusive in return or B. never abusive at all, and merely a victim.

Not that I claim to know the situation very well, this is just what occurred to me as I read the article.

Tell me, do you believe someone with the fierceness to abuse his wife would also be so easily cowed by a change of locks, and then have the patience and Gandhi-like dedication to spend months in their yard? Sounds dubious to me. I think if he ever was abusive, six months spent in their yard is more than apt punishment.

Edit:

And about the wife: I don't care who you are, you are not a compassionate human being if you can put someone out of their home for six damn months, and still have the animosity toward them to take away the blankets and pillows that the neighbors provide them, and discourage feeding them. It honestly seems to me like the woman wants her husband to die, so she can own everything. And that's just sick. I don't care how bad the abuse was, this is beyond cruel and she is a monster. If a man did this to a woman, he'd have death threats being mailed to his door, and there would be people bringing that woman food every day, and the news would have been all over it, it would have been a major story. But because it's a man, it doesn't matter and she's just a poor victim. And you bet people like Anita Sarkeesian and the entire social justice army would be having a coronary about it.

Archived