Transgender.

The Oddball

The way I've often seen it written (and I think most clearly) is MtF Transgender (Male to Female) or FtM Transgender (Female to Male). If you can think of a better way then go for it, I don't really think there's a "universal" way to say/write it. 

There's been a lot of discussion arguing about what the reasons are for wanting to be transgender, and whether those reasons justify a change like that. But really, even if the only reason is because "I want to," shouldn't that be enough? Who gives a shit what they want to do? I certainly don't, I have more important things to worry about. 

Oh yeah, I have seen it that way as well but I just meant that if someone were to say that they are a trans male that they were originally a female and transitioning to male, and vice versa; MtF and FtM is more clear though.

I was going to ask "is wanting really enough?" but I suppose it is really. I think in terms of trans people transitioning to their desired gender it is fine for them to change their bodies, I just meant that simply wanting might not be enough and a professional diagnosis should be necessary but even then it would mainly be a matter of saying "I want to transition to another gender" and paying them enough money. Although for wanting seemingly arbitrary body modifications I suppose you just need enough money as I recall seeing people that have modified their bodies to resemble leopards, I guess as long as it's consensual then it's ethical but I can see why this would be something only certain surgeons would agree to perform.

I agree though, it doesn't impact us so let them do what they want with their bodies.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived