A message from a friend

Python.

I wanted to create a thread for how grateful I am for all of you, and no, I'm not leaving

Yall are like my extended family, but closer to me than them in real life ironically

I love every one of your personalities, some remind me of me, which can be a good or bad thing 

There are some people I miss, like Grimes and Wubsies, but others I adore (yes, including you puddingkip)

You make this forum so much more than TF2 and games - hell, the first 6 subforums are about the community here

Going through what I'm going through, it was nice to have people here to talk to. I've been here for 2 and a half freaking years and it's never gotten boring or anything. Whether it be drama or a scandal or new people turning to great friends.

Whenever I left or was kicked out of a community, I would come right back here. This site is my metaphorical shoulder to cry on

I'm probably not the only one who feels this way, or maybe I have no life. Either way, this community is awesome

You are awesome.

Never change. Please. Would be too much of a hassle to find another community ya know?

Dunno why I made this. Just had an urge to express my gratitude somehow

Haha, well, yall take care now. You do you <3

Just another face,

Python

inb4 someone says tl;dr

That's a seriously lovely thing to hear; it's not often members actually discuss their feelings towards the forums as a whole.

As for you being 'the only one who feels this way', good god man, you're not, honestly.

Quite a few forumers I've spoken to (not naming and shaming) who have been going through hard times have mentioned the forums being an escape to a community full of, yes, some bad shitposters and/or pricks, but at least 80% genuinely nice people who actually care and are willing to listen to your stories and try to help, and if they can't, be a shoulder to cry on, as you said.

You are the one who should never change; we'll be here, just how we always are.

EDIT: First two responses to your brilliant post are under 5 words and basically spam. Great.

inb4 someone says tl;dr

That's a seriously lovely thing to hear; it's not often members actually discuss their feelings towards the forums as a whole.

As for you being 'the only one who feels this way', good god man, you're not, honestly.

Quite a few forumers I've spoken to (not naming and shaming) who have been going through hard times have mentioned the forums being an escape to a community full of, yes, some bad shitposters and/or pricks, but at least 80% genuinely nice people who actually care and are willing to listen to your stories and try to help, and if they can't, be a shoulder to cry on, as you said.

You are the one who should never change; we'll be here, just how we always are.

EDIT: First two responses to your brilliant post are under 5 words and basically spam. Great.

I said I probably was not the only one who felt this way. I underlined it now in an edit ;p

Other than that, thanks. Yeah, every forum has its share of bad apples, but I don't have a problem with anyone here ^.^

giphy.gifi kid, i'm sorry

Agreeing with Hazza here, you're not alone

Even if I don't feel like it always, this community is one of my favourites. I still feel like a drifter most of the time, posting useless comments and what not.

But just doing that still helps

And even though we're always being sarcastic keyboard warriors towards each other 90% of the time, we'll always be there for you <3

That's very considerate to post a topic like this in a forum that contains dick,hitler, 9/11 jokes and always back and forth arguments in the political section that will never accomplish anything, just on who has the better argument.

The best thing you can do to cope with your problems is discuss it with somebody, never think it as a bad way for trying to have conversations about your problems even if its on a public forum.

Trust me when i tell you that you will have an easier time to contemplate your permanent problems by being open with people, by doing that you let out this metaphorical weight that is inside you that tries to make your life shittier. 

This is pretty much the first community I've stayed in for more than half a year (not counting steam as a whole). That actually means a lot because I move in pretty quickly

Archived