Long218's ban.

Chimera

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should long be unbanned?

• Yes
    • No

Long is probably trolling whenever he gets back because he is 100% sure that he will be re-banned due to like (excuse my language) un-professional acts by the mods ? However, every man does mistakes, and while he knows that he will get banned everytime his ban expires then why the hell should he not troll ? i mean, that is what i would do if i was in his position. Why not some of the mods actually try and talk to him, maybe (MAYBE) he can explain his acts, sure, he trolls alot, he hurts alot of people, but isn't a 4 month ban for saying "wasup" on the forums is kinda harsh ? I mean c'mon, who doesn't troll on the forums ? While his ban might be a bit deserved, but i think he can be given some time on the site/forums and someone talking to him explaining his actions.

#LongLiveLong

This^^^

He should be unbanned. He's had his bad times in the past. Doesn't mean we can't show him a little bit of mercy. He's received so much hate (part of it from me). This time he did nothing that deserved another ban. Maybe a warning. But no 4 month ban

I agree with the warning, instead of jumping the gun and assuming he'll pull his previous stunts.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe the mods have anything personal against Long218 at all. They are enforcing the rules and longs behavior made the website look bad or at least we felt that way. In reality, a lot of people had a bad perception of the site because of keys and his behavior just irritated those people more. He became the face of the issue and their frustration. He did not understand how unfair that was to himself, the site, to other suggestors. Remember, we were discusing at one time restricting certain members from key suggestions. I believe that began happening and the hate decreased.

On one of long's key suggestions, someone was complaining about him and I noted that he was also responsible for droping the price on around 50 items that were priced in keys during a three week period.

Hopefully this is reviewed soon. Long might be a good addition to have back, as long as we can keep him in a straight line...

I did not understand for what Long's  was banned again: For the use alt account or troling ?
I can not take seriously people who accuse Long of manipulating prices in the key suggestions.
Manipulate the prices on the keys was stupid and basically not possible : evidence of price-keys were actual
sales at the outpost (not possible to provoke thousands of sales at a higher price, even very large grupe
persons) worked the market law "demand creates supply".
Let me explain for those who do not understand what is happening now: The price of the keys has stabilized,
the reason is that the refs are fewer on the market - there are fewer accounts that are have brought to their
owners hundreds of refs in the week (June Valve made ​​the update which greatly complicated the idling on multiple
accounts ). I know some people , who at the time , was not tens but lot of hundreds of account and the keys were willing
to buy more expensive. This is not the fault of Long's what he was doing suggestions of price for keys based on actual
sales, it is very stupid to accuse him of any manipulation.

Now: I looked yesterday price suggestions (unusual) impressions were very unpleasant (with some exceptions). My opinion:The site starts to degrade (the cause - many , I'm not here about that), I agree that the rules should be one for all and a violation of the rules must be punished, but not by such methods (4 months), in such a situation to give 4-month ban(I can not understand why?).One of the best sugestor (  http://backpack.tf/top/contributors   ) seems very unfair . I think necessary to give a chance for Long's .

It's more like I deserve ban more than long because I started suggesting without even knowing, and did bad ones while long can actually do good ones, and actually reached the top of the lists. Come on admins, give him another chance.

I did not understand for what Long's  was banned again: For the use alt account or troling ?

I can not take seriously people who accuse Long of manipulating prices in the key suggestions.

Manipulate the prices on the keys was stupid and basically not possible : evidence of price-keys were actual

sales at the outpost (not possible to provoke thousands of sales at a higher price, even very large grupe

persons) worked the market law "demand creates supply".

Let me explain for those who do not understand what is happening now: The price of the keys has stabilized,

the reason is that the refs are fewer on the market - there are fewer accounts that are have brought to their

owners hundreds of refs in the week (June Valve made ​​the update which greatly complicated the idling on multiple

accounts ). I know some people , who at the time , was not tens but lot of hundreds of account and the keys were willing

to buy more expensive. This is not the fault of Long's what he was doing suggestions of price for keys based on actual

sales, it is very stupid to accuse him of any manipulation.

Now: I looked yesterday price suggestions (unusual) impressions were very unpleasant (with some exceptions). My opinion:The site starts to degrade (the cause - many , I'm not here about that), I agree that the rules should be one for all and a violation of the rules must be punished, but not by such methods (4 months), in such a situation to give 4-month ban(I can not understand why?).One of the best sugestor (  http://backpack.tf/top/contributors   ) seems very unfair . I think necessary to give a chance for Long's .

Long was banned multiple times for rudeness and inciting anger against the site. His key suggestions became the focus of all the key rise hate. Because he is the top supporter he, by default, represents the site. Kind of like a mouthy, abusive, saleperson you can't fire. This was his 3rd ban I think. He is also trade banned by steam for possible illegal activity. That only adds to view that the site was somehow trying to msnipuate key prices.

Long was banned multiple times for rudeness and inciting anger against the site. His key suggestions became the focus of all the key rise hate. Because he is the top supporter he, by default, represents the site. Kind of like a mouthy, abusive, saleperson you can't fire. This was his 3rd ban I think. He is also trade banned by steam for possible illegal activity. That only adds to view that the site was somehow trying to msnipuate key prices.

they have never seen him since 2 months, he could have changed

Could the mods please clearify why excactly long is banned again, e.g. by providing proof of what he did wrong?

Because at the moment, most people here, including me, have the feeling that he was just banned because you ( the mods) generally don't like him.

This was his 3rd ban I think.

For seemingly no reason, the comment on the thread was made after he was rebanned.

Apparently his previous 2 month ban was meant to be a prema ban but because of the limit for ban on users the mods couldnt. This was also cleared up by vincent that the 2 month ban was indeed not supposed to be permanent. With this, it pushed me along with the majority of bp users to think that it was just unfair to long, especially since he did make legit suggestions like he once did for the brief hour he was on the site.

again if the mods want to ban him for good they sorta need to give the right reason to or else it just seems like a biased abuse of power.

Could the mods please clearify why excactly long is banned again, e.g. by providing proof of what he did wrong?

Because at the moment, most people here, including me, have the feeling that he was just banned because you ( the mods) generally don't like him.

The moment he came back he made a key with limited/bad proof. Considering his history, this sugestion is interpreted as an attempt to once again incite rage as he so commonly enjoyed doing. As he just came off ban it was ridiculous for him to do so and not expect the mods to react. I request he be allowed to comment on the forums here to dialogue in order to help determine if he should be unbanned from suggestions. I think its fair and it will give everyone a chance to take shots at the famous long218 to see how marurely he handles it. This method is common when a community is dealing with this kind of situation. Halloween is coming and that will be turbulant when it comes to pricing.

The moment he came back he made a key with limited/bad proof. Considering his history, this sugestion is interpreted as an attempt to once again incite rage as he so commonly enjoyed doing. As he just came off ban it was ridiculous for him to do so and not expect the mods to react. I request he be allowed to comment on the forums here to dialogue in order to help determine if he should be unbanned from suggestions. I think its fair and it will give everyone a chance to take shots at the famous long218 to see how marurely he handles it. This method is common when a community is dealing with this kind of situation. Halloween is coming and that will be turbulant when it comes to pricing.

I'm famous for being a bad suggestor

Apparently I was mistaken when I banned Long as he was not perma banned as I thought he was and still think he should be. I've been talking to the other admins and we're trying to figure out a course of action. 

No matter how much he has contributed to the suggestions, I think all the trolling and hate he brought to our community weights a lot more than his suggestions. 

Apparently I was mistaken when I banned Long as he was not perma banned as I thought he was and still think he should be. I've been talking to the other admins and we're trying to figure out a course of action. 

No matter how much he has contributed to the suggestions, I think all the trolling and hate he brought to our community weights a lot more than his suggestions. 

please have him banned. i cant stand another trade.tf hoarder which leaves out the links below and calls everyone out for not having enough counter proof

How do you feel about allowing him to join the forums so that all of us can see his opinion and can question him, etc? I saw that you removed him from the top of the list (congrats hugh). Have any of the mods chated with him recently?

please have him banned. i cant stand another trade.tf hoarder which leaves out the links below and calls everyone out for not having enough counter proof

He won't make any more key suggestions for sure.~

How do you feel about allowing him to join the forums so that all of us can see his opinion and can question him, etc? I saw that you removed him from the top of the list (congrats hugh). Have any of the mods chated with him recently?

I did yesterday. And?

He won't make any more key suggestions for sure.~

I did yesterday. And?

And???? Since he isn't commenting or can't comnent here it would be nice to know what he's thinking.

I didn't ban him from the forums, and I'm not sure if he's banned from the IRC. Banned people are removed from the list automatically as far as I know.

Throw him a conditional ban.....i.e. if he does anything, no matter how insignificant, he gets permabanned with absolutely no chance to appeal. 

I didn't ban him from the forums, and I'm not sure if he's banned from the IRC. Banned people are removed from the list automatically as far as I know.

He was on top all aloung but not today. So he can comment here but is not choosing too? That's wierd.

He was on top all aloung but not today. So he can comment here but is not choosing too? That's wierd.

Jon banned him from the forum's. If that wasn't clear. So he can't comment.

Throw him a conditional ban.....i.e. if he does anything, no matter how insignificant, he gets permabanned with absolutely no chance to appeal. 

I can remember hearing that phrase not for the first time...

He is not banned from the irc.

He w banned at one point (and now he doesn't know hes been unbanned, assuming he has been)?

But, i think hes just done with tf2......He hasn't been on his alt in 60 days and its still full of shit. 

He w banned at one point (and now he doesn't know hes been unbanned, assuming he has been)?

But, i think hes just done with tf2......He hasn't been on his alt in 60 days and its still full of shit.

I don't think he is. If he was sick of it he wouldn't have even come back? I think he likes being infamous and that's a need that is hard to get fullfilled. Who is hus alt btw.

I still have no idea why on earth you banned him from suggesting, is it possible for you to give me his ban? That way he is unbanned and I am banned since I don't know how to suggest (and will lose shredderzx's challenge) Let me take his ban please

Archived