Long218's ban.

Chimera

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should long be unbanned?

• Yes
    • No

So, I noticed long came back today, and I noticed he had a few suggestions up, and they were legit suggestions. But when I came back, he was banned for 4 months by Chief Indian Companion for the reason "Ohai". I can't really say long didn't have a permaban sneaking up on him, but this time I think it wasn't really fair. Here's 3 reasons why I think so:

1. When he was banned previously, he was banned for 2 months for a single troll suggestion. I don't think when Vincent banned him previously, he had a permaban in mind.

2. His suggestions today were legit suggestions, no trolls to be seen. Seemed like when he came back, he wanted to just make suggestions like he used to.

3. When underscore was banned for MULTIPLE troll suggestions, he got another chance. Here is his profile: http://backpack.tf/u/76561198041473517 . He even knew he was going to be banned, yet continued, thus sealing his fate pretty much.

Let me know what you think on this, I hope to bring this to a moderator's attention and hopefully resolve this completely, and see what's fair.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright. ive never really voiced my opinion on long, though i am going to now.

i joined backpack.tf when he was starting to, well, leave the community (~6 months ago) so i never really got to know him.

last time long was banned, he made troll suggestion(s), though he did not make one durning his ~1 hour back.

I honestly think he has learned his lesson and should be unbanned.

Alot of unuuals are horribly out of date and we are getting short of experienced suggesters as well...i see no issue with him being back as long as he properly conducts himself

We need more good suggesters....Long is a very good candidate. Besides, I wanna see if the elusive black belt exist or not.

Agreed. Currently the only real regular unusual suggestors are basically me, you, vince, cave johnson, pyroman, roller and merry is just getting back into it. We need more.

(My apologies if i missed anyone)

Heck jester who was on break was even forced to update a unusual because he got fed up with crappy offers on his trades

Agreed. Currently the only real regular unusual suggestors are basically me, you, vince, cave johnson, pyroman, roller and merry is just getting back into it. We need more.

Heck jester who was on break was even forced to update a unusual because he got fed up with crappy offers on his trades

He'd be a good addition, as long as he's under a heavy watch by mods.

If theres a good reason. I'll stand behind the ban and agree.

But it doesnt look like he is in the wrong. 

But admins decision is final. Break the rules get a ban. I dont know what rule he broke and you can't compare other users cases when judging a case. 

well considering underscore got banned, if long seems to have matured, i think he should be unbanned

just restrict his commenting at the most/ say another 4 month ban if he makes a key suggestion

If theres a good reason. I'll stand behind the ban and agree.

But it doesnt look like he is in the wrong. 

But admins decision is final. Break the rules get a ban. I dont know what rule he broke and you can't compare other users cases when judging a case. 

Very similar case. Underscore was trolling heavily when he was banned. It's just a reference to reflect mod's earlier decisions.

If the mods banned Long truly because of key suggestions, just disable him to comment/suggest on key suggestions or something.

Long makes a key suggestion = immediate close.

:( I'm not a "real" suggestor

Dont worry i think youre the best of the unusual suggestors. 100%

Theres a reason you became an admin because of your unusuals skills :)

Wow, i dont not see that before. Its a bit unprofessional of chief and clever. But thats okay i guess if you dont like someone you dont want to listen to anything they say and do a sloppy job. Thats why you dont date coworkers.  It happens to from time to time. 

Bucket the impartial mod who accepts the right price no matter who suggested it. :)

vince = cave btw

Probably one of the best unusual suggesters but not so regular since you're busy being a mod xD

Again sorry if i missed anyone else, running off memory is bad DDDD:

I'm not really going into unusuals since there are a tons of vintages and genuines to update. Meh, I'm kinda bad at unusuals anyways xD

Im still boycotting (other than a few here and there) until brad moves off $USD so when that stops, ill jump in again.

And no, he can stay banned. http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/3206-this-site-looks-like-its-going-through-one-wild-ride-what-can-i-do/&do=findComment&comment=47140

Im still boycotting (other than a few here and there) until brad moves off $USD so when that stops, ill jump in again.

And no, he can stay banned. http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/3206-this-site-looks-like-its-going-through-one-wild-ride-what-can-i-do/&do=findComment&comment=47140

When brad gets on that, ERASER and doctor will come back  :D

http://puu.sh/4ILck.jpg - This was my favorite. I couldnt help laughing at that. Very partial. 

So what what youre saying it was to save bp.tf skin by being thought of as being in some form of cahoots with him. 

It seems like it which is fine for good for the site reputation. 

And he did need to 'grow up' and not take it too far in his replies to users. And been the 'big guy' and just posted what needed to be done and left users to say what they wanted and not reply. And i believe you guys let him get any with alot of things because he was top contrib

But he should have an chance to appeal. 

And yea some unusuals are over inflated. A suggestion i did now says 12.1 buds when i suggested 10 buds

He's a toxic member of the community. A lot of flame was directed at Backpack.tf because of Long alone. We don't need anymore drama. To keep the court of public opinion in good standing, I think the admin who banned him made a good decision. However I don't agree with the ban note he wrote... Seems unprofessional.

Dont worry i think youre the best of the unusual suggestors. 100%

Theres a reason you became an admin because of your unusuals skills :)

:(

He's a toxic member of the community. A lot of flame was directed at Backpack.tf because of Long alone. We don't need anymore drama. To keep the court of public opinion in good standing, I think the admin who banned him made a good decision. However I don't agree with the ban note he wrote... Seems unprofessional.

I thought Vincent was in charge of his ban, and him not banning him for 4 months, I don't think he wanted him to have a permanent ban. But when it comes to me, I'd like to see how long does before we make a final judgement.

Archived