"Selling" profile pic drawings for TF2 items

Krauvando

Steam profile

I really hope this doesn't break the rules. A friend suggested me to do that and I really think it might be a good idea.

Last days I've been doing some Steam profile pics drawn by me and then renderized through Photoshop to some people, including myself. I thought that people might like what I do and maybe wanted a personalized profile pic too. 

These are the ones I made:

So in case anyone is still interested keep reading for more info:

- First of all, I suck at drawing (honestly). This is something I absolutely do as a hobby and therefore my limitations with a pencil are quite big. What you see is as best as I can do. 

- The stuff I'm worst drawing are eyes and hands.

- To speak about how you want the picture, simply add me and we'll discuss it in private.

- I usually like to draw people with references of their taste, but if anyone of you feels awkward about sending me a pic of you IRL it's still OK; I'll try to adapt as much as I can.

- I'm not professional with Photoshop either so it might take me several hours/days to finish a drawing (specially now that the summer holidays are gone). For instance, mine took me about 3-4h from start to finish. 

- If you directly give me pictures and references about all the stuff you want to have in the drawing, it'll fasten things up.

- I always work with big pictures (like 1000x1000 or so), so once finished I send both seizes to the customer: original size and Steam profile size (184x184).

- The price: I haven't really thought about it yet. But for now, I'd say that a range from 1-3 keys pure (maybe slightly more with items) will be fine to me. The price will depend on how complex and time the request is. 

That's all for now I guess, I really hope this post doesn't break the rules (I've read them and didn't find any issue about it) and hopefully someone will be interested!

Cheers!

- First of all, I suck at drawing (honestly). This is something I absolutely do as a hobby and therefore my limitations with a pencil are quite big. What you see is as best as I can do. 

If you suck, why take payment?

2-5 keys, with 2-5 keys, you could get a quality drawing, drawn by a professional. I know this, because I paid 3 keys for a profile picture, that was outstanding.

Sorry for my rant, but you want too much comparing it with others.

If you suck, why take payment?

2-5 keys, with 2-5 keys, you could get a quality drawing, drawn by a professional. I know this, because I paid 3 keys for a profile picture, that was outstanding.

Sorry for my rant, but you want too much comparing it with others.

About my lack of skills: it's just my personal opinion, but some people did like what I do, so who knows.

And thanks for the feedback, gonna adapt my price

Yup, not saying this is not worth it, but if you expect people to commission you, you should adapt your prices. For example, this very talented person : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032564135/sold a bunch of art for only 6 ref - of course he had a shit ton of demands and had to close commissions xD

And yeah, you probably draw better than most of backpack.tf members, not a big deal, just keep going on!

Yup, not saying this is not worth it, but if you expect people to commission you, you should adapt your prices. For example, this very talented person : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032564135/sold a bunch of art for only 6 ref - of course he had a shit ton of demands and had to close commissions xD

And yeah, you probably draw better than most of backpack.tf members, not a big deal, just keep going on!

It's actually my first time trying to sell "art", so I'm pretty ignorant with the prices. Thank you all to help me :)

And I like that guy's artwork! I could actually do similar stuff (I'm definately better at vectorizing than drawing), maybe I should also learn what do people want and how much I can adapt to that.

Thanks for the cheers!

A pro doesn't do avatars like yours boom

Good art is not cheap lol (coming from someone who spent a lot on art)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd toss you a key or two for a drawing of curly brace. Doesn't matter if you're mediocre, I have had all sorts of artists on the forums make me them.

use my signature or steam artwork for a refrence.

I'd toss you a key or two for a drawing of curly brace. Doesn't matter if you're mediocre, I have had all sorts of artists on the forums make me them.

use my signature or steam artwork for a refrence.

Currently working on a request I surprisingly received yesterday. Sorry for not reading your post before Cedar, I actually gave up on getting requests! Thanks for the support!

While working on them, here's the two new drawings I made, both for close IRL friends:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522000156

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=518478145

Hope you like it!

EDIT: I'll be more cautious from now on. This guy didn't pay me so I basically worked for nothing.

Sorry for double-posting.

Here's the first request I finish from this topic.

Class: Scout

Color: Red

Cosmetics: Face Plante, Greased Lightning

Weapon: Baby Face Blaster

Pose: In front of the camera, threating stare, with bloodstains on the mask and over the T-shirt.

Both full version and Steam avatar version:

http://imgur.com/a/LTlzk

Archived