Another thread about the social applications of transgenders

Python.

Related: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/41483-gender/?hl=transgender

It's becoming a social predicament as to if a person with a sex change can be classified as that sex, as to receive everything that sex already has in the physical world (trying hard as shit not to say gender to avoid people arguing about that)

We already know what you identify as and what your physical body represents are two different things

However, if you change from a guy to a girl, and believe you're a girl, should you be allowed to change in girl locker rooms, receive women's benefits (e.g. free drinks at bars and etc.), use women's bathrooms, and the like

iirc, prisons don't care what you are or who you claim to be, so if you're a transgender, you'll be placed with the sex you were born as

imo, that should be the way it is. Don't ask why, I just think that's the way it should be

Relevant (what sparked me to make this): http://imgur.com/account/favorites/8lvJ7oT 

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, September 2, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, September 2, 2015 - No reason given

I identify as an Attack Helicopter, fear me.

I identify as an Attack Helicopter, fear me.

Nice shitpost, how about you take it all the way to back GB?

Also, your imgur link is broken, can you repost it?

I don't have a solid opinion about transgender people, but I guess people can do what they want. It's better that they turn transgender and not a pedophile and such.

I think transgender is stupid, though I know i'd get shot for saying that and honestly don't know much about this topic.

You were born the way you were born, why change it?

Once your born with something, you can't change it. If you're born black, you can't change race. If you are born in poverty, you can't just say "but I idenitify as rich". What conditions you were born in define who you are and your role in society.

• Administrators

iirc, prisons don't care what you are or who you claim to be, so if you're a transgender, you'll be placed with the sex you were born as

imo, that should be the way it is. Don't ask why, I just think that's the way it should be

As far as I'm aware, this relates to your legal sex, not your gender, in a lot of places. So if you've transitioned and are legally recognised as a woman, you'll go to a women's prison regardless of what sex you were assigned at birth, but if you are still legally male you will go to a men's prison.

Once your born with something, you can't change it. If you're born black, you can't change race. If you are born in poverty, you can't just say "but I idenitify as rich". What conditions you were born in define who you are and your role in society.

People born in poverty can become rich and vice versa, but it does not change the fact that they were once poor/rich. Likewise, transgenders may identify as a different gender, biologically this will never be the case. They may be able to do a good job of appearing to be male/female but there are certain features that cannot be changed (this may change however as time goes on, but the priority for research should be to save lives).

as a sorta closet trans, i think you should just let people be themselves.  i dont think making a big deal out of feeling a certain way is needed.  if someone says they feel like a certain gender, you should be kind and let them feel how they do.  plz dont hate me for feeling different from you, i cant help it

You were born the way you were born, why change it?

Because for transgender people, living as they are can be daily mental torture, often not being able to enjoy any sexual pleasure due to the guilt associated with having genitalia that doesn't match who they really are. Use every ounce of empathy you have to imagine looking down at yourself and seeing the incorrect genitalia; day in and day out, for about 20 years. That can really fuck with a person

Man people are so up tight. Everyone just needs to chiiiiill. Let people do what they want to do. You wanna be gay? Go to do that. You want to identify as a different sex? You go do that. Why do we have to go judging other people in what they do, just let them be themselves, and whether its their sexual orientation or their sex that lets them find themselves, let them find it. No need to be a discriminating bigot about it.

And, I realize I sounded like a pot head right there.

Man people are so up tight. Everyone just needs to chiiiiill. Let people do what they want to do. You wanna be gay? Go to do that. You want to identify as a different sex? You go do that. Why do we have to go judging other people in what they do, just let them be themselves, and whether its their sexual orientation or their sex that lets them find themselves, let them find it. No need to be a discriminating bigot about it.

And, I realize I sounded like a pot head right there.

You do sound pretty high.

Archived