Warning! This item appears to have been duped.

batteh

http://backpack.tf/item/506551165

So, its really really hard to get a reasonable price for my hat because of this tag. When I took it I quickly checked if it was duped through outpost. Since having difficulty I've checked all the previous owners backpacks on bp.tf and I can't find it.

What is it that's tagging this hat as a dupe??

It seems two Item IDs aren't in the right order in the link, could it be this?

Right now there's no sign of a dupe anywhere but everyone just assumes bp.tf is correct without wanting to actually check. Is there any way I can convince these people otherwise (when I do know it's not a dupe) without being insulting??? ;)

http://backpack.tf/item/506551165

So, its really really hard to get a reasonable price for my hat because of this tag. When I took it I quickly checked if it was duped through outpost. Since having difficulty I've checked all the previous owners backpacks on bp.tf and I can't find it.

What is it that's tagging this hat as a dupe??

It seems two Item IDs aren't in the right order in the link, could it be this?

Right now there's no sign of a dupe anywhere but everyone just assumes bp.tf is correct without wanting to actually check. Is there any way I can convince these people otherwise (when I do know it's not a dupe) without being insulting??? ;)

Backpack.tf has tracked two different items with the same original id, thus meaning it's duped. It seriously shouldn't hurt the price much, nearly nobody truly cares about dupes (unless god tier unusuals). If it's truly not a dupe (which I doubt) add brad and make him figure it out

check tf2items.com

http://www.tf2items.com/item/1931839768

Item ids before this don't show up on tf2items.com, all others seen before this aren't flagged as being dupes.

Backpack.tf has tracked two different items with the same original id, thus meaning it's duped. It seriously shouldn't hurt the price much, nearly nobody truly cares about dupes (unless god tier unusuals). If it's truly not a dupe (which I doubt) add brad and make him figure it out

If this is the case, do I have to try and view backpack histories? It really has hurt so far, 4 people have seen the little red box and crapped their pants without bothering to look any further :P

It really doesn't matter either way, i can guarantee that it being duped isn't affecting your offers. The fact that there are much more well-liked all-class hats and the fact that stormy has been a huge pain lately is whats affecting your ability to sell it. 

Thanks for clarification Brad, does this mean it IS a dupe or is it potentially a glitch?

It really doesn't matter either way, i can guarantee that it being duped isn't affecting your offers. The fact that there are much more well-liked all-class hats and the fact that stormy has been a huge pain lately is whats affecting your ability to sell it. 

I'm getting fine offers, but people are backing out as soon as they use some server plugin linking it to bp.tf item history and take that as gospel (maybe it is). Perhaps I've been unlucky and met a lot of fools who'll use any little excuse to try and lowball. It has happened 5 times now though. 'Sorry can't take the risk' is usually the comment.

Normally I'd agree with you, I don't care myself. Just seems like a lot of people trading me are not able to use their brains and prefer to kneejerk when they see this little icon.

Thanks for clarification Brad, does this mean it IS a dupe or is it potentially a glitch?

I'm getting fine offers, but people are backing out as soon as they use some server plugin linking it to bp.tf item history and take that as gospel (maybe it is). Perhaps I've been unlucky and met a lot of fools who'll use any little excuse to try and lowball. It has happened 5 times now though. 'Sorry can't take the risk' is usually the comment.

Normally I'd agree with you, I don't care myself. Just seems like a lot of people trading me are not able to use their brains and prefer to kneejerk when they see this little icon.

Yea, people are just stupid, i honestly haven't checked to see if any of my hats are duped in 1.5 years now, and i've never had a problem. The same people that claim its duped will put it up on OP 5 minutes later for full price and not say anything about it being duped. As for checking if its actually duped or just an error, just go through every bp that has a warning next to it (Tf2items.com puts an error saying "this item potentially exists....").

Yea, people are just stupid, i honestly haven't checked to see if any of my hats are duped in 1.5 years now, and i've never had a problem. The same people that claim its duped will put it up on OP 5 minutes later for full price and not say anything about it being duped. As for checking if its actually duped or just an error, just go through every bp that has a warning next to it (Tf2items.com puts an error saying "this item potentially exists....").

Kinda depressing! :P

Don't worry, I know how to check 'em, though mostly I just check out if they came from a scammer. This hat is clean according to tf2items, so no luck there. Oh well, thanks everyone, I doubt I'm going to find a dupe, unless one magically appears out of a private bp somewhere, who cares.

Archived