Changing key price causes suggestion to go awry.

Donny

So, I opened up a suggestion for an o.fire Snaggle to drop from 1.5-1.8 to 1.3-1.6, a discussion and argument that the community seemed to agree with, gathering a fraction over 88% of the vote.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/513f3f76ba2536e77b00001c

HOWEVER! There was also a key vote at the time here http://backpack.tf/vote/id/513f98eeba25366418000006 which passed, the slight change making the current price drop a small margin to make the price change minuscule  as the suggestion did not change with it, a fact that didn't seem to be considered by the final judging admin as he denied it.

I would like to ask that the decision be reversed as not only was the suggestion appropriate, but it seemed to have the support and the proof needed to warrant a pass. Also, the admin mentioned that the last suggestion was a month ago, and I was wondering what difference that made in his decision. Many unusual's prices change from month to month from what I have seen.

theres no need to change an unusuals price to such a small degree on a monthly basis (was his point), however, it is quite stupid how suggestions get affected by currency changes making them innaccurate....

A Better suggestion:

Isolate suggestions from currency changes, and a currency change will only affect a price which has already been accepted

But his point would have been just fine at "Not a big enough change" without mentioning the time passed, though I am commenting against that as well because again, a 0.2 change became 0.1 due to a key price change.

I like your suggestion though, or maybe even if one part of a suggested price is changed (Suggestion or Old price), the other part (Suggestion or old price) also changes to keep the amount of change the same, though I prefer your suggestion.

Archived