Add Cool-Down To Buds / Change All Unusuals To Keys

Vince

I agree on the trends..etc but there is a difference between dropping things so to reflect the trends and dropping it so shortly after the other that it forces a crash. We are simply asking for maybe a few days for the market to settle down before pricing it again. The diary didnt have suggestions dropping it every day

We are talking about suggestions which drop the price of buds immediately after the previous. Safety zone? Look at the bmoc it shot up and then dropped like a rock because people kept suggesting prices for it immediately. Everyday people saw a green arrow on the bmoc and thought that it was going up and it drove the prices insane then they saw a red arrow everyday and it dropped to hell. Again what i said before, if i had decided to drop it imediately after my 13 key suggestion (a easy 12-13 keys suggestion) instead of waiting it out it probably would have crashed a lot harder; but because i waited a few days it settled at 13 keys.

i totally agree with that state of mind but it is the same things i was accusing Kristmass of heart doing to the diary.

I dont see why buds are more special than the mysterious prom they are just a 70000+ promo where diary is a 670~ mysterious promo.

i hope you see the contrast here.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an imput.

If we change everything to keys. Then there would be a potential of buds crashing all together

Thoughts?

Earbuds is a pointless currency..really screws up the unusual market.

Each time a bud goes down by a key, the unusual seller has to bump up their price.

The Burning Team Captain used to be 128 buds..now with the changes it bumped to 157.

Maybe we should price everything by keys and Max Heads :)

Max heads should not be used either as their price would begin fluctuating with seasonal changes also.

Here is an imput.

If we change everything to keys. Then there would be a potential of buds crashing all together

Thoughts?

I did point this out once in a way.  We know that some portion of the buds price is based on its acceptance as a currency in the market place.  Like the bills it had an inflated value because of this.  The only true currencies are ref and keys.  We no longer need to worry about space in the pack and if need be, other items could be used as currency.  The big kill has a stable price as well as the bmoc.  Those items are trading at their demand level for just them selves.  Buds are not as desired a misc as to be priced so high.

We should list items in metal and keys only.  If people want to use promos in exchange then its no different than now when you accept an item offer for ur hat.

We should list items in metal and keys only.  If people want to use promos in exchange then its no different than now when you accept an item offer for ur hat.

While i agree that buds don't really have a purpose as a currency anymore, backpack.tf should NOT replace bud prices with keys as that would force the change, and then backpack.tf would take some serious manipulation heat. A better alternative would be to list prices in USD and link the current Key/Bud-USD prices at the top of the page (or it would convert the usd to buds/keys when you hover over it). 

History repeats itself, the problem here  http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/2288-stop-pricing-unusuals/ . The chain of $-bud-keys-ref operates , even a slight wobble in the chain leads to significant changes in the prices of unusual.

In short history of the site this already 3 major change in the prices of unusual .  Transition to the storage prices in the keys will do nothing .

I managed to help get the prices of the diary to an accurate price.

It used to be 20 - 25 keys but no one wanted it unless if they thought they could make some profit.

We(another price suggester) kept lowering the diary until we found a price where it sells again.

It's currently priced at 15 keys..and guess what? It sells!!!

You still have some quick sellers who will go lower, but I got one offer of items that added up to about 15 keys, and another person who payed 15 pure.

Unlike my other buyers, he's actually keeping.

Unless if the market becomes flooded with diaries again, this price is stable.

Here is an imput.

Thoughts?

Then let it crash to a stable price!

Most of the time I don't bother keeping buds due to it's unstableness.

Any changes to keys haven't affected the higher items much. Some items lowered eventually, but usually went back up.

Buds seem to easily crash by 4 keys within the same week...that's just ridiculous on how often this happens.

A little while back I got some buds for 19 keys because I figured it would stay nice and stable..a few weeks later, the price went from 21, to 20 quickly(I sold my buds), then dropped to 19, and now 18(unofficial but give it time).

Buds are just too unstable!!!

Archived