Price Suggestion info

KyleL

When viewing an active price suggestion you see a few things on top.  How many people have voted,  the new price, the current price, and and how many the person owns.  I really would like to know why the "owns" section is even there.  I'm assuming it's to let people know if they may be doing it for profit.  Long218 recently had a price suggestion on keys and he owned 1,149 keys.  I think this site should do something like not allow people to do suggestions on items they have over a certain amount of.

When viewing an active price suggestion you see a few things on top.  How many people have voted,  the new price, the current price, and and how many the person owns.  I really would like to know why the "owns" section is even there.  I'm assuming it's to let people know if they may be doing it for profit.  Long218 recently had a price suggestion on keys and he owned 1,149 keys.  I think this site should do something like not allow people to do suggestions on items they have over a certain amount of.

While long is actually trying to price it correctly, KyleL. Keys would never be priced since the people who price it correctly normally have many keys.

While long is actually trying to price it correctly, KyleL. Keys would never be priced since the people who price it correctly normally have many keys.

Eyup. What many people don't realize is that being having a reason to manipulate prices (Long218 does indeed, but I don't think that should be held against him. Just because he has a reason to does not mean that he will.) people with a large amount of a certain item are often in the market for buying/selling it, and would have a better feel for that market than a casual passerby. Therefore, don't disregard their proof, KyleL, simply because they have a large amount, merely look over it more carefully.

Archived