Do you play an instrument?

λngelღмander

Thread idea credits to Hazza. 

Do you? I play the piano, I practice every day. I like to think I'm getting better, but who knows. I got it in early july, just over a month ago now.

If you do play, are you good? Do you play for people? Are you interesting in performing for other forumers?

I'm always up to playing for someone over skype :D

I've always wanted to play the violin but I have no idea where I would begin or If I'd have enough money for lessons.

When I wanted to play the piano, I just decided to buy a cheap one and start playing. Best decision ever. Violin would be harder to start, just buy a whole bunch of replacement strings, a violin, and start playing. Just figure it out by feel. Someone at one point had to learn to play without being taught, I'm sure you can do it too. Then you get bragging rights about learning to play without being taught.

• Administrators

When I was young I played piano, clarinet, and a little bit of guitar. The only one I'd still be any use at is the piano.

I play the guitar, mainly electric. I play in a band and we have played a few gigs, we recieved money for it one time but that was nothing to write home about. It was awesome though, the biggest gig we had been at with a 1000 people.

I'll try to record some of my own playing or even our tracks if I can get to it, playing through skype would sound terrible, especially with a distorted guitar. It can sound great under the right conditions, but if it isn't it'll sound absolutely hideous.

i don't know how to play any instrument.

You can't blame me for not trying though.

i have tried to learn guitar, flute, recorder, piano, ocarina and harmonica. None of them really stuck with me though but my search continue.

you may now make jokes how i like to blow things.

Do you? I play the piano, I practice every day. I like to think I'm getting better, but who knows. I got it in early july, just over a month ago now.

This is my favorite website for sheet music: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/

I've always had a blast printing off music from my favorite video games then later playing them. Hopefully you'll like it!

I play the piano, recorder, and guitar. But mostly the piano.

I also have made a few compositions to play them on, but trust me, you don't want to see it, they're shit.

I'm still stuck on beginner state, should push myself to practice more.

(I accidentally found this while looking for that topic you[or maybe someone else] made about Steam tax on income after 100 transactions) Anyway drums. I'm decent, a few years ago I was in a band with my friends and we played a lot of the Green Day songs from American Idiot (we played them during intermissions for a local theatre camp).  I only knew how to read VERY simple sheet music then though, I had to learn the songs by ear and watching drum covers.  Because of my lack of ability to read drum sheet music (which is much easier than any other sheet music too) I got a drum teacher.  After many months with him he died.  I only recently got a new drum teacher, I had stopped playing drums for almost a year after he died.  

Archived