Best way to gain muscle?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

I need to get buffer for soccer. What's the best way to build muscle (arms and legs) without having to buy something like P90X.

Specific Details please.

(plz no shitposting)

I can already smell the lift comments a mile away.

Try weights to build arm strength, so you can show those bullies who's boss in elementary school.

What workouts do I do? Bicep curl?

And what are methods for building up your bicep? I only know the bicep curl.

What workouts do I do? Bicep curl?

And what are methods for building up your bicep? I only know the bicep curl.

I suppose I should have delved further into what I said, so here goes.

You may find this faulty and/or, but I've had it work out great. Whenever I'm trying to achieve something, whether it's a backpack or hat I'm trying to get, trying to win at a game of lol/dota 2, or any other IRL task, I try to imagine myself completing the task in my mind, having multiple thoughts running about how I beat x task, etc. It forces yourself to believe y and z will happen, so completing x will a for sure thing. Basically keeping positive at all times.

As for proper exercise techniques, I'm PROBABLY not the best guy to go to as I'm not the fittest guy on the block, and I don't spend 2-3 hours a day at the gym. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's where you tilt your arm sideways so you can see the inner part of your arm, and the front of your palm. Then placing whichever weight you have, and then start... well lifting. It's suppose to build awesome muscles on your arm, if that's what you're looking for.

Edit: Thanks cleverpun :)

Forgot to add (that probably deserves it's own post) that walking is a great way to get kick ass legs. Yes something simple as walking every day will get you fit. Nature's exercise yo.

You need to build a scheduled time to walk as you're using it as a means for exercise, so maybe every day take a 1-1.5 hour long walk around the town or park.

Stop posting contentless comments and GIFs; go to the Great Below for that

My lift comment was serious. Im sorry that the answer to his question is one word

My lift comment was serious. Im sorry that the answer to his question is one word

That's the equivalent of calling someone out who's doing poorly in game to "stop being bad"

It's not actual advice, it isn't constructive criticism, it isn't anything positive.

For Cross Country we eat pasta before a race which I suppose can apply to soccer. But if you want muscles in the first place, just eat base balace food like carbs, veggies, protein, milk, etc. If you want to work on your core (This does NOT help your arm and leg muscles), do push ups, various sit ups, planks, flutter kicks, etc.

For Cross Country we eat pasta before a race which I suppose can apply to soccer. But if you want muscles in the first place, just eat base balace food like carbs, veggies, protein, milk, etc. If you want to work on your core (This does NOT really support your arm and leg muscles and I brought this up because I think you think doing push ups will get you arm muscles), do push ups, various sit ups, planks, flutter kicks, etc.

That's the equivalent of calling someone out who's doing poorly in game to "stop being bad"

It's not actual advice, it isn't constructive criticism, it isn't anything positive.

It is. If you want to build muscle. Lift weights. Im not seeing how that isn't a proper response to the question asked. The way I built all my muscle is by lifting weights. Im sorry if you do not like lifting, but it was a serious answer

I was gonna say take steroids as a joke, but pushups is not the best way to gain muscles, for legs you can use those treadmills and for arms, weight lifting is the best way. Also if you want to increase stamina, do some sit ups

I'm doing dumbbell curls for almost a month now, every time before I go to sleep.

One dumbbell of 11.5 kg. 25 curls, then I lay on my back and lift it above my head 25 times.

I do this 3 to 4 times. There are many different exercises available. Drink a lot of water while working out and throughout the day.

This guy has a lot of nice videos about working out with only dumbbells or other weights.

What I like about these vids are that he explains it very well, he shows how to do it and how you shouldn't do it. Also his explanations about how it will affect your body is fascinating, imo.

Football*

But if you want to look stronger, it's triceps all the way. But to actually add on muscle weight etc. If you are skinny, just eat a ton before sleep and after workouts. If you are already large, it should be easier to turn the fat to muscle through long endurance. Running, walking as teeird said and cycling all help.

Gaining muscle size and gaining muscle density is different. One makes you bulk up, the other makes you strong.

Size is probably easier: eat more (protein and fats, but not so much starch) and lift heavy weights depending on what muscle you want to work on.

Being strong and toned is harder: it requires you to do more endurance training with many reps, and you shouldn't eat nearly as much.

Having big muscles doesn't mean you're strong. For example, MMA fighters are strong yet very lean. You don't see picturesque 6-pack abs on them, but they will demolish a bodybuilder in a fight any day.

Go to the park and there should be lots of place for you to do some stuff. They usually have workout areas.

Chin-up , stomach crunches , push ups. (Lots of short reps)

Plyometrics will also be something you should do. 

You should plan to jog and run a lot. Drink lots of water. And remember to always stretch .

Gradually doing more every week. 3-4 days of core exercise and 3-5 days of running. Your body is very good at becoming efficient. So mix things up and dont let your body get used to the workout. 

Well there's a whole forum about that: http://www.bodybuilding.com/ but I'm assuming they focus on buying protein shakes and shit. Well, that IS the fastest way I guess. Eating healthy (Protein for muscles, carbs if you're skinny) and working out is the best way to "naturally" build muscle. 

Problem is, if you have a weird metabolism like mine, it'll be really hard and slow, but just keep doing it and you'll eventually see a difference.

Obviously you could also try some Euro Training 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf606dfCb0

I would keep in mind not to trust the bodybuilder opinions completely -- bodybuilding focuses on building good-looking muscle, not necessarily on strong muscle. So while Bodybuilders are generally very strong, someone far less buff than them can be just as strong in many cases. Depends on what you're aiming for -- bulking muscles or pure strength/stanima? They're not mutually exclusive, but going the pure strength/stanima way doesn't necessitate the same dietary or workout regimes.

gain muscles= heavy weight, basic training. Knee-bends, bench-press, dead lift. The less comfortable the exercise is, the better. 6-10 repeats per set not more, (4-8 sets/training/ group of muscle) Not more than 3times/week/musclegroup. Choose the weight accordingly. Smaller amounts of protein ~20g/meal a few times a day. (eggs, curd-cheese, fish are the best sources),  Not so much at once. Carbohydrates ~ 1hour before training. Dont forget to eat fat! (unsaturated) Always find new ways to stress muscles, different exercises, different angles etc... be creative - Muscle-ache is a good indicator) Remember muscles are growing in the idle-server ehm ...period not during training so give them time to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived