How do YOU make profit?

AwesomeMcCoolName

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

buy/sell low tier stranges buy 1 scrap

buy/sell hats buy 1.33 sell 1.66

buy/sell higher tier items-reskins,hi tier stranges, higher tier hats- buy for 2.33 sell for 3 ref

buy/sell keys- 5 ref-5.33 less profit but easier to sell and constan flow of stock

buy/sell low tier key items-kringles, double crosscom- buy 3 key and 2 ref sell for 4 keys or buy 3 keys(takes time) sell for 4

buy/sell high toer key items-sfs,salvaged stuff,promos, bill, bud. buy 11 key sell for 13 keys. or for more

buy/sell rares, unusuals buy for 7 bud sell for 9 bud

the buy then sell prices are just example :) hope it gives you some ideas

Buying low, selling higher. Always looking and searching for good deals across multiple sites

You gotta know how to talk to kids and bring them down as well ;)

u mean talking as a kid or intimidate them as an adult

Buying low, selling higher. Always looking and searching for good deals across multiple sites

You gotta know how to talk to kids and bring them down as well ;)

Ahem....Shark.......Cough  ;)

I buy 1 rec or so below list on many items and sell at list.  Its about volume trading and not getting the same thing (except sharp dresser, the quak was good, pip boy and some other).  I was focusing on scout items but they seem to have dried up a bit.  I am doing some key item flipping but not gettting much yet.

I flip sharp dressers and s black boxes. Slow, but consistent.

If I ever get too much metal I pick another item and buy it for low bp.tf price and sell for the high end - 1 scrap

I do this alot, it always seemed fairest way to go.

Buy low sell high. Forever.

That or overload on a strange and wait until it goes to high demand. For example, buying 80 Strange Rocket Launchers for 1 Refined, waiting 6-8 Months for it to increase to around a Refined, then selling all of them for 2 Refined each.

Buy low sell high. Forever.

That or overload on a strange and wait until it goes to high demand. For example, buying 80 Strange Rocket Launchers for 1 Refined, waiting 6-8 Months for it to increase to around a Refined, then selling all of them for 2 Refined each.

If u used that 80 ref to buy 80 1.33 items u would do better. just sell 2 items a day.  one exception may be the guilotine

I go to the school fountain, flip a coin. Make a wish. Go home. Then i see my backpack jumped in price.

By that time, key prices will have doubled, and you will have overall broken even. :lol: :lol:

Everything, name any sectr of trading and I've done it. Keeps it fun and new all the time; and a little challenging.

I also try to be as open as possible, accepting every payment ( Unusual, items, money, pure etc.) 

I buy for low and sell for high with about everything I get. The most expensive stuff I use in my loadout if it's a hat or misc. Got to look rich so people think I'm poor.

I mostly wait and let my stuff rise steadily with timed drops, but once I start to save up, I'll start trading away for new stuff and sometimes flipping items.

I mostly wait and let my stuff rise steadily with timed drops, but once I start to save up, I'll start trading away for new stuff and sometimes flipping items.

Explains why your BP is not even a buds worth.

Explains why your BP is not even a buds worth.

Hey man, don't be harsh, there was a point in time where he was $1 short of a bud

Well from my past experience I can tell you specifically which item I find the easiest and fastest to flip while keeping an okay profit.

Item (Buy, Sell)

Tosslecap (2.22, 3), Anger (2, 2.66-3), Kringle (1 key 0.66, 1.6 keys), Last Breath (1 key, 1.6 keys), Sharp Dresser (1.33, 2), Merc's Muffler (1 key 0.66 ref, 1.6 keys), All-Father (1.2 keys, 1.8 keys), Villian's Veil (3.33, 4.33).

That's pretty much it. The last 100 ref or so I have earned came from these items. (I mainly chose these items from the trends section in trade.tf, before the robo update)

Before all this though I used strange weapons to profit.

Besides reselling stuff I find really cheap I flip stranges and earbuds.

scam and shark simple as that :)

How do I regularly make profit? My backpack's value's always steadily rising because I avoid unsightly unusuals. However there's nothing else (that I haven't already got) that I'm after so I don't have any motivation to try to increase that speed.

How have I been lucky? Look out for ALL unusuals; not just the ones that you're after. There's always someone selling for lower than he could. Many traders just go for these and then sell for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly about seeing the trends before others.  Having traded literally 1000's of players with 10,000's of items from the beginning, pretty good at knowing what tricks work and who is not worth offering. 

Archived