How do YOU make profit?

AwesomeMcCoolName

So, everyone makes profit differently, looking to see others methods at doing so..

What i do:

--Buy/sell Hats (mainly craft hats)

--Buy/sell keys/buds for PP

--Quibble in unusuals from time-to-time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't trade much now, so I just wait for people quickselling unusuals and people who want to buy the quicksells from me. Oh and my monthly admin pay, lol.

I don't trade for profit myself. I just try to aquire that which I don't have.

As for how my inventory increases, it's primarily by purchasing about $5-ish worth of stuff every week or so.

I flip sharp dressers and s black boxes. Slow, but consistent.

If I ever get too much metal I pick another item and buy it for low bp.tf price and sell for the high end - 1 scrap

Implying i do make profit.

Now i'm really just selling what i don't want and buying what i want, hence my horrible backpack.

I'll be getting some Buds soon, i'll turn those into keys and then buy for 4 refined and sell for like 4.22 refined or something.

Well that is unless the price of keys go up by the time i get the buds, which is likely.

Don't tell anyone ;) but I buy vintage soldier's stash backpack.tf price then sell it for the price on spreadsheet. When i sell it for about 8 keys to some noob who uses that site and is after the hat. Then with the 8 keys, I go and buy 2 more from a backpack.tf user. Trade-empire has some of the most RIDICULOUS prices but yet sooo many people use it.

http://tf2spreadsheet.traderempire.com

lol

I don't even know how I'm making profit. I mostly buy. And with selling a little crap that got in my backpack somehow. No idea where I keep getting my metals from.

I wait for someone with a good deal on an easily-sellable item and buy it. Then I re-sell it.

I go to them. I don't have a quickbuy trade opening, waiting for them to come to me. 

I give them business. Not the other way round.

I prefer sharking people or just scamming. Other than that, hijacking accounts.

Weren't you banned from outpost for brokering hats for marked scammers?

Buying low, selling higher. Always looking and searching for good deals across multiple sites

You gotta know how to talk to kids and bring them down as well ;)

Weren't you banned from outpost for brokering hats for marked scammers?

I brokered for a guy who got banned for faking offers on his trilby.He's not even marked.

I'm the scum of the earth that buys quicksell unsuals and flips them.  I've come to terms with it and embrace it.

Fortunato, the ends justify the means

Archived