[SFM] Free Posters

SpongieTNT

Hey there!

Im quite new to SFM, and I would like to get better with it!

My Posters:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031719013/images

(I'd appreciate feedback and tips!)

If you want a poster for yourself, use this format:

Class+Team:

Cosmetic 1: (+ Color)

Cosmetic 2: (+ Color)

Cosmetic 3: (+ Color)

Unusual effect/s:

Weapon/s: (if needed):

Map: (Day/Night) (Where exactly, if needed)

What happens in the poster?:

Im doing this for free, because my quality isn't amazing. But I'd appreciate donations!

I hope you guys like my posters!

Donators:

~Antique~ Doorhinge (first donation)

[LAG] †Dalmi†

Angelcake

cortana

R0rshack

Thank you!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Pyro

Map: Pl_upward day

Cosmetics: Galvanized Gibus, Filamental, Pink Merc's Muffler

Unusual Effect: The Ooze

Actions: Airblasting a red heavy off a cliff

thanks

Class+Team: Blue Engineer

Cosmetic 1: (+ Color) Big Country (White)

Cosmetic 2: (+ Color) Pencil Pusher

Cosmetic 3: (+ Color) Merc's Muffler (White)

Unusual effect/s: Burning on the Big Country, Sunbeams on the Pencil Pusher

Weapon/s: (if needed): Jag

Map: (Day/Night) pl_cashworks (Night)

What happens in the poster?: Pose with the Jag behind the Engie's back

Cheers!

Blue Pyro

Map: Pl_upward day

Cosmetics: Galvanized Gibus, Filamental, Pink Merc's Muffler

Unusual Effect: The Ooze

Actions: Airblasting a red heavy off a cliff

thanks

LO0YKGB.jpg 

Done! I hope this meets your expectations. If it doesnt, please tell me what I could have done differently!

(This is my first time on the forums, I hope I did the pictures right)

I also have an undeited version of the picture.

Hmmm, well, I can't say I'd like to request, seeing as I'm an SFMer myself and would rather practice than get someone else to do it for me, but I can give some tips.

1) Lighting: There are usually 3 different lights to a scene from my experience. I have no idea of their names so I'm gonna make them up.

-The overlight: A volumetric light that mostly covers the whole screen, used to set the mood. Example: Clicky The purple light gives the image a mysterious mood.

-The outline: A normal white light that is positioned somewhere between the back and side of the character. This is used to separate the character from the background, which can also be done using focal distance/aperture, but I'll get to that later.

-The balance light: This is used in correlation with the outline, in that it makes sure there isn't too steep of a gradient between the outline and the rest of the character.

2) Focal Distance/Aperture: This is basically a blur for the background.

What you want to do is create an animation set for your camera, done by right clicking in the animation set editor and clicking create animation set for existing elements, then clicking camera1. Then, click on it in the animation set editor and move the focal distance slider until it is inside the main focus of the picture, which is probably a character. Then adjust the aperture to wherever you want it. The more aperture, the more of a blur it is.

Note that if there is more than one focus and they are different distances from the camera, it is wise to not use this.

I can't think of any others at the moment, but these should help improve the overall outcome to your posters if you do it right ^^

Cheers!

This map is huge, where exactly do you want your engi to stand?

Hmmm, well, I can't say I'd like to request, seeing as I'm an SFMer myself and would rather practice than get someone else to do it for me, but I can give some tips.

1) Lighting: There are usually 3 different lights to a scene from my experience. I have no idea of their names so I'm gonna make them up.

-The overlight: A volumetric light that mostly covers the whole screen, used to set the mood. Example: Clicky The purple light gives the image a mysterious mood.

-The outline: A normal white light that is positioned somewhere between the back and side of the character. This is used to separate the character from the background, which can also be done using focal distance/aperture, but I'll get to that later.

-The balance light: This is used in correlation with the outline, in that it makes sure there isn't too steep of a gradient between the outline and the rest of the character.

2) Focal Distance/Aperture: This is basically a blur for the background.

What you want to do is create an animation set for your camera, done by right clicking in the animation set editor and clicking create animation set for existing elements, then clicking camera1. Then, click on it in the animation set editor and move the focal distance slider until it is inside the main focus of the picture, which is probably a character. Then adjust the aperture to wherever you want it. The more aperture, the more of a blur it is.

Note that if there is more than one focus and they are different distances from the camera, it is wise to not use this.

I can't think of any others at the moment, but these should help improve the overall outcome to your posters if you do it right ^^

Thank you for the tips! I didnt know about the "overlight", seems pretty cool!

Im going to use 1) in the future, and I already knew about 2), but I've set aperture to 1/4 of the slider. Maybe its not enough? (in the first request)

Thank you for the tips! I didnt know about the "overlight", seems pretty cool!

Im going to use 1) in the future, and I already knew about 2), but I've set aperture to 1/4 of the slider. Maybe its not enough? (in the first request)

Well, it's definitely there, but it's also slightly unnoticeable. In fact, I almost always shove it up to max, unless I want to be able to see something in the background but still use aperture as well.

Cheers!

1i1VbaE.jpg 

Here you go! I can still change it if you want.

By the way, the Pencil Pusher seems to clip with the Big Country. Do you want me to change the hat?

1i1VbaE.jpg 

Here you go! I can still change it if you want.

By the way, the Pencil Pusher seems to clip with the Big Country. Do you want me to change the hat?

Nice, Ty! Maybe change the Pencil Pusher With a White Gold Digger instead?

hi there

Class+Team: Blue spy

Cosmetic 1: (+ Color)- The dashin Hashshashin

Cosmetic 2: (+ Color)- the cut throat concierge

Cosmetic 3: (+ Color) The spycrab

Unusual effect/s: none

Weapon/s: (if needed): Carbonado Knife

Map: (Day/Night) (Where exactly, if needed) 2 fort near red spawn 

What happens in the poster?: a red engi on the ground and a red sentry getting sap(could you try and get a ap-sap sapping it if possible)

Thanks in advance :D

Nice, Ty! Maybe change the Pencil Pusher With a White Gold Digger instead?

IqHsN7f.jpg  

Doesnt clip anymore!

hi there

Class+Team: Blue spy

Cosmetic 1: (+ Color)- The dashin Hashshashin

Cosmetic 2: (+ Color)- the cut throat concierge

Cosmetic 3: (+ Color) The spycrab

Weapon/s: (if needed): Carbonado Knife

Map: (Day/Night) (Where exactly, if needed) 2 fort near red spawn 

What happens in the poster?: a red engi on the ground and a red sentry getting sap(could you try and get a ap-sap sapping it if possible)

Thanks in advance :D

F8XB4is.jpg 

There you go! I can still edit it if you want.

IqHsN7f.jpg  

Doesnt clip anymore!

F8XB4is.jpg 

There you go! I can still edit it if you want.

That is soo awesome could we request more because they would look awesome 

The second one because you do awesome posters

Class+Team: Blue Engi

Cosmetic 1: (+ Color) Timeless topper

Cosmetic 2: (+ Color) Thermal Insulation layer

Cosmetic 3: (+ Color) snow stompers 

Unusual effect/s: Blizzardy storm

Weapon/s: (if needed): Killstreak sheen Manndarin Frontier justice and Carbonado wrench   

Map: (Day/Night) (Where exactly, if needed) any snow map  / day or night i dont mind 

What happens in the poster?: the frontier justice over his shoulder and the wrench in the other hand and a blue sentry behind him

Thanks in advanced  :D  :D

The second one because you do awesome posters

Class+Team: Blue Engi

Cosmetic 1: (+ Color) Timeless topper

Cosmetic 2: (+ Color) Thermal Insulation layer

Cosmetic 3: (+ Color) snow stompers 

Unusual effect/s: Blizzardy storm

Weapon/s: (if needed): Killstreak sheen Manndarin Frontier justice and Carbonado wrench   

Map: (Day/Night) (Where exactly, if needed) any snow map  / day or night i dont mind 

What happens in the poster?: the frontier justice over his shoulder and the wrench in the other hand and a blue sentry behind him

Thanks in advanced  :D  :D

OuqQrJW.jpg

There you go! I sadly didnt figure out how to add killstreak sheens. If anyone knows how to add sheens, please tell me!

OuqQrJW.jpg

There you go! I sadly didnt figure out how to add killstreak sheens. If anyone knows how to add sheens, please tell me!

its ok without the killstreak it still looks awesome thanks

This is for a group profile picture, this is my first time requesting one of these so if the info below doesn't work, feel free to edit it as you need :3

Class + Team = Red Solly

Cosmetics - Team Captain

Cosmetics - Kringle Collection

Unusually Effect: Sunbeams

Weapons: Australium Rocket Launcher

Day/Night - Day

Action - In the middle of the fresh brewed victory taunt standing in the Badlands Spire

This is for my profile picture (I really need to change it):

Class + Team - Red Sniper

Cosmetics - Fruit Shoot

Cosmetics - Anger

Unusual Effects - Orbiting Planets + Sunbeams (So it looks like the solar system :3)

Weapons - Awper Hand

Action: Only do near the head area (Look at my current profile pic for reference) but don't zoom in too much so you still see the unus effects.

Thanks in advance! :3

OuqQrJW.jpg

This is a pretty detailed and straightforward guide for killstreaks. Be sure to remove the "remap control point to vector" for all the particle's children too or the color won't be accurate. Good luck and great work! :]

This is a pretty detailed and straightforward guide for killstreaks. Be sure to remove the "remap control point to vector" for all the particle's children too or the color won't be accurate. Good luck and great work! :]

Did you forget a link or something? I found a guide telling me to edit the weapon files, but the guide is extremely inaccurate.

Adding sheens involves editing the weapon files, and not only is extremely time consuming, but also very advanced, hence why you don't see many in SFMs. Hell, even I can't wrap my head around it, so I just stick to killstreakers instead. If you need to know about them, just add me or message me on the forums, although some are pretty weird with a purple light at the bottom, which no one has found a fix for yet.

Class+Team: Red Sniper

Cosmetic 1: (+ Color) LETCH LED

Cosmetic 2: (+ Color) Villains veil, style trained killer(skull on mask) 

Cosmetic 3: (+ Color) The snow scooper 

Weapon/s: (if needed): Rusted botkiller sniper

Map: (Day/Night) (Where exactly, if needed) snow map anywhere up to you

What happens in the poster?: the pose is up to you but could you put in some destroyed blue robots(any kind)

Thanks

This is for a group profile picture, this is my first time requesting one of these so if the info below doesn't work, feel free to edit it as you need :3

Class + Team = Red Solly

Cosmetics - Team Captain

Cosmetics - Kringle Collection

Unusually Effect: Sunbeams

Weapons: Australium Rocket Launcher

Day/Night - Day

Action - In the middle of the fresh brewed victory taunt standing in the Badlands Spire

This is for my profile picture (I really need to change it):

Class + Team - Red Sniper

Cosmetics - Fruit Shoot

Cosmetics - Anger

Unusual Effects - Orbiting Planets + Sunbeams (So it looks like the solar system :3)

Weapons - Awper Hand

Action: Only do near the head area (Look at my current profile pic for reference) but don't zoom in too much so you still see the unus effects.

Thanks in advance! :3

1)

b6Vqdfr.jpg

2)

ap57n3f.jpg

There you go! I hope these match your expectations.

Archived