A helpful script that automaticly and repeadedly advertises your trades on a trade server's chat.

`Yahiamice

If you're tired of constantly copy-pasting trades on your favorite trade server, this might be a solution for you!

Introducing the "Auto-AD (advertisement)" script!

Please note: I was not the first who made something similar to this, as there are many other complex repeaded trade scripts on multiple TF2 forum instances. But,i believe mine is one of the easiest ones to use, so far.

I suggest you directly put these commands in your TF2 console upon startup. Putting them in your autoexec.cfg might be causing trouble if, for instance, you traded some of your hats but still have a script stating that you're selling em

//Replace [YOUR TRADE HERE] with whatever you want to advertise

alias trade1 "say [YOUR TRADE HERE, MUST NOT EXCEED 127 CHARACTERS]"
alias trade2 "say [YOUR SECOND TRADE HERE, MUST NOT EXCEED 127 CHARACTERS EITHER]"

//When you finish, just enter this into the console to advertise trade1 and trade2:

alias autoad "trade1;wait 2500;trade2;wait 2500;autoad";autoad

Congratulations! You're now AUTOMATICALLY saying [YOUR TRADE HERE, MUST NOT EXCEED 127 CHARACTERS] in some intervals (2500 is written in frames/ticks. Normally, 60 frames equal a second. 2500 is a pretty fair interval in order to not get kicked for spamming via that sourcemod anti-spam plugin.)

You can now go watch anime grab a milkshake, write a diary, brag about your Stout Shakos to your whole friendslist or even SLEEP! (with headphones in,ofc)

But, as soon as you hear that delightful notification ringing in your ears...

f370ded6bd.jpg

Wake up! Go accept that trade request, and start negociating with your business partner!

BUT YAHIAMICE, THE TRADE SCRIPT DOES NOT STOP AND IT'S STILL GOING ON EVEN WHEN I'M TRADING! PEOPLE IN THE CHAT ARE MAD AND ARE TELLING ME "omg u noob ur already trading -_- fgt"!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!

Oh, almost forgot! This is the code to temporarily disable your script:

//Use this when you want to stop your script
alias autoad ""

Use it when you're about to leave the server, when you're in a trade, when you're not selling anything anymore or if you're changing the actual script's bindings!

To re-apply the script after you've temporarily disabled it, simply re-type the activating command notified up here:

alias autoad "trade1;wait 2500;trade2;wait 2500;autoad";autoad

Enjoy!

NOTICE: THIS DOES NOT WORK ON SERVERS WITH THE "WAIT" COMMAND ENABLED AND MIGHT CRASH YOUR GAME IF YOU ATTEMPT USING IT ON THEM. This includes some community pubs, all valve servers and all competitive servers. If you're going on a trade server while waiting for that TF2center lobby to fill up, remember to ALWAYS disable your script when the game readies up. Your game might crash, you'll lose time while trying to boot-up TF2 back and you'll get !rep'd for not joining in time. True story ;-;

If you need help or have any questions concerning this, add me on steam and i'll gladly answer them or give you assistance ;)

Cheers!

NOTICE: THIS DOES NOT WORK ON SERVERS WITH THE "WAIT" COMMAND ENABLED AND MIGHT CRASH YOUR GAME IF YOU ATTEMPT USING IT ON THEM.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to only visit servers with the wait command disabled. [/sarcasm]

If you want to check if the wait command is enabled on a server, try out this script: (copied from the wiki)

Since the wait command is integral to some scripts, it may be necessary to test to see if a server has disabled the command.

alias waitTester "alias waitTest waitPositive; wait; waitTest"
alias wait "alias waitTest waitNegative"
alias waitPositive "echo Wait is enabled on this server.; exec waitPositive.cfg"
alias waitNegative "echo Wait is DISABLED on this server!; exec waitNegative.cfg"
waitTester

This script relies on the fact that if the wait command is disabled on a server, the alias named wait can be defined by the user. Thus, the script creates an alias named waitTest which by default points to waitPositive, but if wait is not allowed (and can thus be defined by the user), will be redirected to waitNegative.

It's as if (bind key "say yourshittyadvert here") is impossible to us. It's also as if pressing one button every so often is hard.

i lol'd at both the reference and uselessness of this script. You can just bind an ad to a key. And have several binds.

i lol'd at both the reference and uselessness of this script. You can just bind an ad to a key. And have several binds.

Sometimes I get too focused into the gameplay that I end up forgetting to plug my trades. I'm not the kind of person to just sit in spawn and spam trades every 30 seconds; it gets boring.

It's as if (bind key "say yourshittyadvert here") is impossible to us. It's also as if pressing one button every so often is hard.

bind p "say buying shit"

there i just did an entirely different "script" in 20 seconds

Binding a key requires you to stay active in the game.

This script does not. You can just keep TF2 minimized, and go do something else outside it. As simple as that...

I've only "created" this script out of laziness and i've been using it since 2012 without any problems

Binding a key requires you to stay active in the game.

This script does not. You can just keep TF2 minimized, and go do something else outside it. As simple as that...

I've only "created" this script out of laziness and i've been using it since 2012 without any problems

i get your point. But most trade servers have an idle kick, and most traders here don't go on servers. Good work on the script, it works and has use, but most people that go on trade servers are active and don't mind pressing a button

i get your point. But most trade servers have an idle kick, and most traders here don't go on servers. Good work on the script, it works and has use, but most people that go on trade servers are active and don't mind pressing a button

I tried this on vatican. It effectively bypasses the idle kick as it resets everytime you say something in chat.

About the "most people who go on trade servers", there is also a minority of lazy peeps. And, me and the possible users of this script are the ones in this category :<

If it still dosen't bypass it you can use some movement script such as +left;wait 30;+right;wait 30;repeat

I tried this on vatican. It effectively bypasses the idle kick as it resets everytime you say something in chat.

About the "most people who go on trade servers", there is also a minority of lazy peeps. And, me and the possible users of this script are the ones in this category :<

If it still dosen't bypass it you can use some movement script such as +left;wait 30;+right;wait 30;repeat

that's a lot of work though to enable and disable the script, and command your model to walk around while you're afk. if you're making sure you hear any and all trade alerts, i think we can press a button once every minute or so. like i said, via button binds, you can advertise several lines of trades instead of one line.

It's a great script, but i feel as if more people would opt to just use binds

you can bypass idle kick by using +left and +forward to mindlessly run around in circles

Being honest this is pretty good, A bit of work but still worth it for the lazy like me. :P.

I'm pretty sure that the wait command works in Valve servers. I use scripts with waits in them and my game never crashes.

The wiki does say that it doesn't work, but I'm not so sure

Let me suggest something easier, use a script that times your binds, I assume it'd be a bit easier and server the same purpose

Archived