[Main Site] Ability to change name color if you got multiple available

Hexlicious

+1 i have green donator status, and i would like blue name, not green name, lol. and i thought, i can change name colors. This doesnt want me to donate more, to be honest, if i can't change the color, or i just want the stock color name.

P.S. the same bug, i got third time premium, and on forums i am still donator, wtf is wrong really. I made even this https://backpack.tf/issue/view/55772061dea9e9da3d8b456aabout month ago, and still no response or fix as brad told me to write issue there.

+1 i have green donator status, and i would like blue name, not green name, lol. and i thought, i can change name colors. This doesnt want me to donate more, to be honest, if i can't change the color, or i just want the stock color name.

P.S. the same bug, i got third time premium, and on forums i am still donator, wtf is wrong really. I made even this https://backpack.tf/issue/view/55772061dea9e9da3d8b456aabout month ago, and still no response or fix as brad told me to write issue there.

because donators is best of premium

>title

+1 and my old issue for this http://backpack.tf/issue/view/5504ae5aba8d88e3478b4d01

From having used the forum software before, name colors are derived from the group that a person is in. Moderators group is a light orange-ish red, admins are flat red, and then there are actually backpack.tf custom groups for donator, premium, and member. In order to give you these names, a forum admin would have to enter you into the group which had the color you wanted, which would be problematic for the mods. 

And if you wanted just to change the color but retain donator status, then they would have to make multiple groups called donator, each with a different color.

It's a cool idea and all, but impractical and unnecessary.

From having used the forum software before, name colors are derived from the group that a person is in. Moderators group is a light orange-ish red, admins are flat red, and then there are actually backpack.tf custom groups for donator, premium, and member. In order to give you these names, a forum admin would have to enter you into the group which had the color you wanted, which would be problematic for the mods. 

And if you wanted just to change the color but retain donator status, then they would have to make multiple groups called donator, each with a different color.

It's a cool idea and all, but impractical and unnecessary.

This is for the main site, not the forums.

This is for the main site, not the forums.

Ah okay, you probably should have specified, because this makes sense in a general way on the forums.

Ah okay, you probably should have specified, because this makes sense in a general way on the forums.

Edited.

Oh, I've been meaning to make this but I've never got around to it until now but it seems I'm a little late.

+1, seriously think this is way overdue to happen.

KNUpZ6j.png

This option is not available to you guys? Well obviously community leader isn't but you can't do anything here?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised Fiskie hasn't responded to this thread yet but anyway, donators now have an option to change the colour of their names to previous colour titles of smaller donation amounts.

We beat the system ♥

Does this not apply to premiums then? We have to be purple?

Nope, go to My Account > Preferences > Name Style and if you have multiple available, you should be able to change.

I personally changed from premium to the Awesome++ VIP (total of $20 donated)

p7lhn5X.png

• Administrators

Name style isn't there, that's why I asked...

I guess premium is a default, rather than a group. I figured user would be default cause... that would make sense. Guess this feature is only added for donators.

Name style isn't there, that's why I asked...

I guess premium is a default, rather than a group. I figured user would be default cause... that would make sense. Guess this feature is only added for donators.

Actually, it's probably because you have no donation credit and are not eligible for any donator name style. Just because you have Premium doesn't mean you get all donator perks.

• Administrators

Yes, hence me saying "guess this feature is only added for donators"

I wanted to change my name colour to normal user, not donator name colours.

Archived