Low FPS With Chris' Config

Bonzeye

I recently got Chris' Config to get better frames, but it's not really doing much. I average between 35 and 45 fps. I occasionally get around 50-60 fps for a few seconds but it never stays. 

My Specs:

AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 Accelerated Processor

8GB DDR3 system memory

2TB hard drive

AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (Card?)

(Think that's all the specs that matter)

So how can I improve my fps? It's not a great computer but it's not *THAT* bad is it? I play in fullscreen, with all other programs closed. I use the program "Advanced System Care 8" daily to get rid of unneeded files. 

gun mettle fucked with a lot of fps settings and all configs were also impacted

Is it likely that it will get to normal soon? Do I need to change anything myself?

gun mettle fucked with a lot of fps settings and all configs were also impacted

can confirm

Used to take me 10 secs to load starting screen,now 45, gg valve

can confirm

Used to take me 10 secs to load starting screen,now 45, gg valve

Same, before i had constant 60 fps but then dropped to 30 after the update

What does that do?

It changes your DirectX level iirc. Can't say for sure.

But what I do know is that it rose my frames by a bit. Give it a try.

I get around 300 FPS constantly. Drops to 250 in maps with heavy-laden vis_leafs.

Good to know...? 

You're just making me jealous. ;-;

Good to know...? 

You're just making me jealous. ;-;

I'm just wondering how people still can't run TF2 at the very least, 60. It's a pretty old game. Your specs aren't terrible. Make sure you actually take your computer apart and clean it once in a while. Built up dust and other garbage like that can degrade your hardware and affect performance. I take mine apart at least once a month to clean.

I'm just wondering how people still can't run TF2 at the very least, 60. It's a pretty old game. Your specs aren't terrible. Make sure you actually take your computer apart and clean it once in a while. Built up dust and other garbage like that can degrade your hardware and affect performance. I take mine apart at least once a month to clean.

I got it under a month ago, idk what I'm doing wrong honestly but I just played and I was getting like 30 fps. Probably just gonna take it back to the store.

I got it under a month ago, idk what I'm doing wrong honestly but I just played and I was getting like 30 fps. Probably just gonna take it back to the store.

Just curious, but how much did you spend on it?

Just curious, but how much did you spend on it?

450$ Not enough, I know. 

But serious I was not getting above 40 fps last time I played.

450$ Not enough, I know. 

But serious I was not getting above 40 fps last time I played.

You'd probably build a half decent entry level gaming build with 500 that can handle TF2 no problem.

You'd probably build a half decent entry level gaming build with 500 that can handle TF2 no problem.

I'm very inexperienced completely noobish with that kind of thing, it took me several hours to get Chris' config to work so building a pc is kinda out of the question sadly. Oh course I could get one of my friends to build it I guess.

I'm very inexperienced completely noobish with that kind of thing, it took me several hours to get Chris' config to work so building a pc is kinda out of the question sadly. Oh course I could get one of my friends to build it I guess.

Youtube tutorials are great. Just follow exactly that they do, should be similar.

Youtube tutorials are great. Just follow exactly that they do, should be similar.

What kinda parts do I buy though? Where. All so scary. ._.

I mean if they dont' have the same parts exactly there would be no point right>

What kinda parts do I buy though? Where. All so scary. ._.

I mean if they dont' have the same parts exactly there would be no point right>

Try posting here https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc. Follow their formating, answer all the questions and they'll build you the best of what you answered.

Building a PC is super easy. People act like it requires a degree. It's literally insert tab A into slot B. Repeat. Just don't get discouraged, it's very easy.

Archived