Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The G What ™

A much-needed discussion about Strange misc and their related prices. (Yes, Pyroman, this is about you.)

The G What ™

I'd rahter be going with having to price them manually, i can repwhore all of them.

GET REP OR DIE TRYIN!

F  CHARLIE

I'd rahter be going with having to price them manually, i can repwhore all of them.

It us about what the best approach is not what you want. As it appears there is no other option, all strange items need to be priced in every form. It seems that th we chem sets and the strangifiers can't get a price because they can't be seperately identified. This us a failure. Period.

AwesomeMcCoolName

It us about what the best approach is not what you want. As it appears there is no other option, all strange items need to be priced in every form. It seems that th we chem sets and the strangifiers can't get a price because they can't be seperately identified. This us a failure. Period.

Its only a matter of time before valve updates the schema differentiating between strangifiers. 

cleverpun

Bonuses will never ever ever be accurate, as the numerous inept formulas already show. Leaving them unpriced would be preferable to basing their prices off bonuses

F  CHARLIE

Its only a matter of time before valve updates the schema differentiating between strangifiers. 

Bonuses will never ever ever be accurate, as the numerous inept formulas already show. Leaving them unpriced would be preferable to basing their prices off bonuses

None of this matters.  The site has gone in this direction and it must now stay that way.  When we can differentiate we will then just price them as well.  In the long run you will likely need 2 more mods and suggesters will have to do more work.  Btw, we should begin allowing people to make suggestions for each paint type for every item.  Would that be better than my suggestion of using trade.tf's modifier?

Pyroman

None of this matters.  The site has gone in this direction and it must now stay that way.  When we can differentiate we will then just price them as well.  In the long run you will likely need 2 more mods and suggesters will have to do more work.  Btw, we should begin allowing people to make suggestions for each paint type for every item.  Would that be better than my suggestion of using trade.tf's modifier?

There'd be tons of things to repwhore on.

I like the idea :3

cleverpun

Painted items are one of those things we should just ignore; there's too much variance among traders to price them using our current system. Some traders give half value, some give none. Some pay extra for black, some pay extra for green.

Sometimes accuracy means admitting we can't price something correctly

Santa Heavy

Is this not what we have now?

P.S. Theres no genuine tyrants (stovepipe would be a better example)

There's a gen tyrants.

AwesomeMcCoolName

So is the consensus now to let Pyroman repwhore?

i think the consensus is that no one actually gives a fuck (assuming he does it right) 

F  CHARLIE

Painted items are one of those things we should just ignore; there's too much variance among traders to price them using our current system. Some traders give half value, some give none. Some pay extra for black, some pay extra for green.

Sometimes accuracy means admitting we can't price something correctly

You know what, we should just leave the pricing of applied paint to trade.tf and remove it from this site. Its annoying when I get people trying to item trade me stuff and they count paint. I will just refer then to trade.tf.

♠Derpeh♤

i think the consensus is that no one actually gives a fuck (assuming he does it right)

I dont mind him repwhoring because he is probably among the few which repwhores but still does the suggestions properly :)

The G What ™

What's your recommendation then?

❤ΣκαπανέαςGr❤

I wonder how I totally missed this thread, heh.

Anyway, I used some of the scrpiting knowledge I had from school a few years ago, It's possible to modify the data in a suggestion page to suggest for something that isn't even supposed to be priceable (like the scrap, genuine uncraftable burning TC, normal burning strangifier trolls suggests I did yesterday lol).

e.g.

4wcSU.png

results in

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/523ce7724dd7b82b638b4568

this is the way to suggest uncraftable stranges?

well then since i cant fix the uncraftables i am not sure i can follow this guide to suggest

can you update some uncraftable stranges that are outdated like the strange UC archimedes?

Pyroman

this is the way to suggest uncraftable stranges?

well then since i cant fix the uncraftables i am not sure i can follow this guide to suggest

can you update some uncraftable stranges that are outdated like the strange UC archimedes?

I updated all those that had some kind of proof available

These are very rare on the market:

Almost all of the Veils and FDUs are painted and can't be used as proof.

Teddies/Eyes/Beards/Towels hit the market very rarely due to being also rare in the unique uncraftable quality.

Merc's/RobRo/Bonk Boy/Bird-man are a bit more common due to many of them being uncraftable.

Archimedes was somehow taken completely out of the market everywhere, the only one available is polar bear's, which is a 1 out of 18.

❤ΣκαπανέαςGr❤

I updated all those that had some kind of proof available

These are very rare on the market:

Almost all of the Veils and FDUs are painted and can't be used as proof.

Teddies/Eyes/Beards/Towels hit the market very rarely due to being also rare in the unique uncraftable quality.

Merc's/RobRo/Bonk Boy/Bird-man are a bit more common due to many of them being uncraftable.

Archimedes was somehow taken completely out of the market everywhere, the only one available is polar bear's, which is a 1 out of 18.

sir J-j-j helped me out to complete my Archimedes collection he got the offer polar bear denied for a strange Archimedes + 4 keys

He provide me with a strangifier and an uncraftable bird for me to apply on it,very thought full.much appreciated.

as it concern the topic about craft bonuses

i bought the craft#23 Archimedes for 16~ Euro the owner asked for a dota unusual courier snowl.

and i also bought a strangifier for 14 keys

so i guess bonuses or extras on those wont never be accurate enough.

Its probably impossible the owner will decide to sell them or trade them

since you can always sell strange quality in market and the #1-#100 will always get the biggest demand into collectors

i don’t think we can price them either with extras or bonuses.

the current system is ok i think

vintages on the other hand i collect 23 so I can't really say something about odd ones

so pricing crafts it is not something we need to consider a priority probably.

Zanny77

Well, with the price of the Strange Archimedes skyrocketing, it makes the case of adding a bonus to Genuine/Vintage/Unusual items that much tougher, as it that will really create some inaccuracies. I stand by the idea that we should (like craftable and uncraftable) have a seperate price for strange genuine, strange vintade, etc. This will cause a lot of problems coding-wise I believe (sorry Brad) and will need a lot more work to suggest the prices (although Pyroman would be more than happy to do it) but I think it's the best way to price these awkward stranges.