Question about the Witcher 3

Zelda1548

I was looking at the steam page for the witcher 3, and the minimum requirements were insanely high, and so I wanted to make sure I could run it before I thought about buying it. I was watching some benchmark videos, and people were getting around 50 frames on medium-high settings. (The benchmark videos are using an i5-4460 and a gtx 750ti, i have an i5-4460 and a r9 280). I was just curious as to why the steam requirements are so high when from videos it looks I would be able to run it perfectly fine (for my needs).

Just found this video (linked here) and the uploader said they get 37-45 frames on ultra settings when not recording, using the same graphics card and processor. 

Same specs. Can run on ultra with 40-45 fps.

Any reason why the steam page requirements are insanely high or is that normal? Now I don't really want to trust any of the steam requirement pages. 

the requirements are high ? 2500k is like 3-4 years old and the 660 like 3 years~

your i5 4460 is better than the 2500. also a r9 280 is better than a 660. so i don't see an issue ? 

after all,you can just refund if it doesn't run well 

Archived