@Mr. Bucket, @ConVict, @mods

PPMja998 #BestFinalFantasy

cleverpun, appreciate the time you put into responding. Not really what I was looking for, but I'll keep your points in mind. I stand by everything I said, and whether you chose to perceive what I said in an emotional tone or not, you're probably responding in a more unbiased way than I was when I made the post, despite the lawyer speak. This wasn't a critique. I wasn't looking for a response like this, if I was I'd have made a civil post. My attitude is fairly consistent, I don't try to hide the fact that I'm generally an asshole, and if I'm frustrated with something I'm more likely to say "hey what the fuck is this" than I am to level with someone and constructively say "this is wrong, do better next time," my attitude tends to get more done but it's very divisive. I just happen to enjoy it and wouldn't change anything about it, not concerned with how you or others perceive me, an emotionally-charged response can be more helpful than a form response in a lot of ways. Wouldn't be surprised if people wanted me to stop suggesting simply based on this, and I wouldn't blame them.

However, I really can't say defending the mod team to me in particular is productive in any way, wasn't trying to take pot shots or something. Nothing you can say in this regard will make anyone really think "wow, you know what, this is really the ideal situation for how things should be handled on this site." because it's not. Your work and other mods' work should be commended, but there's a difference between this work and shoddy and misleading work, excusing it, and dismissing anyone that's unhappy with it. Don't see anything wrong with my terminology, including "blatant negligence", because that's exactly what it is. If the mass accepting of suggestions with decent feedback is the only way to logistically get the workload done, and you've explored options to phase this out, then this thread in general is unproductive and doesn't serve the purpose I had in mind. Changing my language wouldn't do anything about that. I was ignorant to the agreement with this practice in the first place, and still don't agree with it obviously, just like with the general attitude to "keep suggestions short" and the very strange/in many ways incorrect logic regarding ranges (specifically the high end) some policies on this site are unspoken and cryptic to say the least. A regular user comes across an accepted suggestion that goes against pretty much everything you use to shoot down suggestions in the first place, despite having +50% feedback, and rightfully thinks "what the fuck..?" Can't say that's ideal, but if it's the way that it has been and the way it has to be then what else needs to be said about it.

jjjon that was extremely helpful to me, thank you. Wasn't at all aware of this. Pretty much answers my questions/doubts that prompted me to make this thread in the first place. 

It's not a secret, Brad mentioned it in his Kritzkast interview.

A "salary" is a fixed number with certain legal connotations, though. The mods receiving a cut of donations is more like a stipend.

It's not that low. I was in game when woifi got "paid" few months ago, was quite a pretty penny. Well for me anyways, guys with a 100+bud bp of course have a different view

It's not that low. I was in game when woifi got "paid" few months ago, was quite a pretty penny. Well for me anyways, guys with a 100+bud bp of course have a different view

No part of my sentence commented on the amount, just the terms used.

I think he was referring to Jon's comment about "token salary." In any case, getting paid <$1 an hour is not why any of us joined the team. We devote our time for the betterment of the community and genuinely want to see things priced correctly.

woops guess I misunderstood what stipend meant. Didn't know the word, thought it meant that it wasn't too much and more a formality. Never too young to learn English words

I think he was referring to Jon's comment about "token salary." In any case, getting paid <$1 an hour is not why any of us joined the team. We devote our time for the betterment of the community and genuinely want to see things priced correctly.

Just like sport players go to some Ukranian club because of the "good food, nice culture and sportive challenge" and totally not because they pay 3 times their current salary. Neh I know you guys don't. 

my attitude tends to get more done but it's very divisive.

then this thread in general is unproductive and doesn't serve the purpose I had in mind.

1.  Yeah, your attitude doesn't get anything done.  It just unites people against you.  The mods here are not doing anything wrong and this policy in general is spot on.

2.  Your just an intolerant person with a lack of perspective.

Edit: Still a regrettable avatar

Archived