Which of these keyboards would be the best to buy?

λngelღмander

I have a price range of about 100-150 dollars, just looking for something that will last a long time and sound good, so I can teach myself to play.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_8?url=search-alias%3Dmi&field-keywords=keyboard&sprefix=keyboard%2Caps%2C585

Of course it doesn't have to be here on this search, I'm just looking for any that will fit my budget for the moment. If you have one in mind on another website, that's fine too.

Depends on what kind of keyboard you are looking for if you want to practice. While a standard keyboard is possible, one can also learn with midi keyboards via certain software like MIDIculous. Are you looking for a standard or MIDI keyboard?

Depends on what kind of keyboard you are looking for if you want to practice. While a standard keyboard is possible, one can also learn with midi keyboards via certain software like MIDIculous. Are you looking for a standard or MIDI keyboard?

Maybe actually read the OP before posting?

I know absolutely nothing about keyboards, I'm interested in opening a box, setting it up, and just jamming the keys until I can play a song. A barbaric approach sure, but I've always enjoyed teaching myself to do things. So I don't really know what a midi keyboard is.

I'd like a keyboard that will be a solid starter, and once I get good at it, it won't hinder me, it'll be good for future use. I don't want to end up buying a better keyboard a few years down the road because the one I have is just for beginners.

I know absolutely nothing about keyboards, I'm interested in opening a box, setting it up, and just jamming the keys until I can play a song. A barbaric approach sure, but I've always enjoyed teaching myself to do things. So I don't really know what a midi keyboard is.

I'd like a keyboard that will be a solid starter, and once I get good at it, it won't hinder me, it'll be good for future use. I don't want to end up buying a better keyboard a few years down the road because the one I have is just for beginners.

Ahh i see. Well a standard keyboard is just the one you put in batteries or connect the plug and then be able to jam. A MIDI keyboard is one that is played through your computer through a software. It has the same functionalities as the normal one or maybe more.

Just be aware that keyboards start getting really good at around the $250 - $300 mark. So these are not really something to expect too much out of. 

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YPT-240-Premium-Keyboard-Headphones/dp/B00F07YC4S/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1436158214&sr=1-2&keywords=yamaha+keyboard- This one is great at your price range. Great brand, comes with headphones, stand, power supply and it also has a built in teaching program to help you start. Quite perfect to begin imo.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JZEW4XS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687462&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003FRMRC4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1PHMXR85KH8TK9P3ES0V- Another one just as good but missing a few features.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IWU2CBA/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00IWU2CBA&linkCode=as2&tag=wirerealm-20&linkId=BVWZQRSMHTAKP55W- This one is a MIDI keyboard. It comes with all the software needed to run. It's a bit more complex to set up if unfamiliar but it shouldn't be too difficult. The software doesn't seem to run on OSX so I wouldn't get it if you plan to run it with one. It wouldn't be my recommended choice to get a MIDI device without knowledge of one but the option is there and I can help if you have problems with it.

I can tell you more in steam chat since we are talking right now. ayy

Archived