Did they change the Australium weapon skins?

Communist Moose

I have owned an Australium Scattergun before. Recently I have gotten my hand on another, but this time, it was all scratched and seemed to have a sheen of Deadly Daff. on the wood, which in my opinion makes it look ugly. The scratches look almost like I threw it off a cliff, it is really ugly and I wish mine looked like the other scatterguns.

I owned the Aus. Scatter before, but now I noticed that it has a yellow sheen to it that goes over the wood and it also has scratches all over it like I threw it off a cliff. Watching old videos on gameplay I spot none of these things. Am I just crazy or did I miss something?

I don't believe they changed anything for Australiums besides the yellow background in the kill feed.

I don't believe they changed anything for Australiums besides the yellow background in the kill feed.

Well it does look different compared to gameplay videos and screenshots, even the wiki's australium scattergun looks different.

i don't think they changed it, maybe something in your settings is screwing it up?

or it's probably just valves broken updates

i don't think they changed it, maybe something in your settings is screwing it up?

I prefer the australium weapon look where it is not all gold, it has wood, metal, etc.

It is weird that the wood has a sheen to it though, I have no clue what the wood is made of.

Def looks different, I don't recall the aussies have scratches.

Indeed, I don't either. Checking back on some older gameplay videos, I can clearly see a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWKKCTtIip4

It does not have scratches, nor does the wood have a yellow sheen to it.

I wish mine looked like this.

I was spectating people who owned other australium weapons (not the scatter), and none of them had scratches or sheen problems.

Nope, I have not changed my settings in a long time. They are on max, by the way.

Maybe it is on valves end with this update, if it is though, I hope they fix it.

Spectating other owners of australiums (not the scatter), they dont have scratches...

By chance, have you listed it on the market in the past 3 days?

By chance, have you listed it on the market in the past 3 days?

No, I just bought it off a guy a couple hours ago with pure.

No, I just bought it off a guy a couple hours ago with pure.

This is my theory (it's a long shot but I think it's possible). When skins were added to the market and pulled off a few days ago, the skin pattern would change so you could get blood splatters and stuff. I'm thinking the guy you bought it from had his on the market and when it was taken off, the game added scratches as part of a skin accidentally.

This is my theory (it's a long shot but I think it's possible). When skins were added to the market and pulled off a few days ago, the skin pattern would change so you could get blood splatters and stuff. I'm thinking the guy you bought it from had his on the market and when it was taken off, the game added scratches as part of a skin accidentally.

Can't be, I've had my scatter since september 2014 and it now has the scratches on it after the update

Because of the recent update, all stock weapons now use the highest model and textures. One thing about the textures is that they've always had scuffs and scratches in them, they were only noticeable at high settings. Etc

Can't be, I've had my scatter since september 2014 and it now has the scratches on it after the update

If so, then it's odd that it only affects the scattergun. I have seen no scratches on any other australium.

Because of the recent update, all stock weapons now use the highest model and textures. One thing about the textures is that they've always had scuffs and scratches in them, they were only noticeable at high settings. Etc

That sucks. Shame it only affects the scattergun.

Just sell it for more as a "glitched item"

I have not really seen another australium scattergun owner, so if what the guy above says is true, it's common.

So I'm not the only one who noticed this

Edit* I've noticed after this update my aussie scatter had scratches which wasn't there before

My Aussie minigun looks slightly different. I can't put my finger on it (nor do I feel like doing some researching at this moment) but I feel that there is more aussie on the aussie than before. Could be wrong but that's my feeling.

I have not really seen another australium scattergun owner, so if what the guy above says is true, it's common.

Can i get a link to your hud? looks pretty neat :3

it's common. met a guy on an unusual trade server and he was asking me if he could try my gun to see if it's not only his gun as well. the scratches vary though

here's my scattergun:

MgmjQdK.jpg

Archived