Suggested Weapon Combos - Gun Mettle Update

Hexlicious

As we all have probably seen by now, the Gun Mettle update made some much needed nerfs and buffs to different weapons, some for worse and some for good.

This thread is for people to suggest combos of weapons (or other weapon slot equipped items), to go with one another.

My to become spy set is: 
- Ambassador

- Big Earner (or I might just stay with stock)
- Cloak and Dagger

Not a huge difference, but the Dead Ringer is out and possibly the stock knife, cause the speed boost on the Big Earner sounds sexy.

Big Earner is still garbage.

Thanks for your valueable input, completely ignoring the point of the topic.

Depends entirely on how the speed boost works in practice.

It'll probably just work like a Disciplinary Action speed boost. Probably won't make up for the health loss though.

It'll probably just work like a Disciplinary Action speed boost. Probably won't make up for the health loss though.

Probably this. I mean, it's a nice buff on paper, but you're still 1, if not 2-shot by loads of things.

Thanks for your valueable input, completely ignoring the point of the topic.

You're making it seem viable to inexperienced players which it's not, in fact with this so claimed "buff" the weapon got even worse. As a spy being undetected is key. Someone on your team got backstabbed and you see a "teammate" running like Sonic, not fishy at all of course. Not to mention any close range projectile weapon can 1 shot a spy using this item, in the case of a rocket launcher with very little effort/skill.

Good luck getting anything done with it against serious players.

You're making it seem viable to inexperienced players which it's not, in fact with this so claimed "buff" the weapon got even worse. As a spy being undetected is key. Someone on your team got backstabbed and you see a "teammate" running like Sonic, not fishy at all of course. Not to mention any close range projectile weapon can 1 shot a spy using this item, in the case of a rocket launcher with very little effort/skill.

You're still completely ignoring the point of the topic, let me write down what is clearly shown at the top.

This thread is for people to suggest combos of weapons (or other weapon slot equipped items), to go with one another.

I didn't write "the person that can bitch the most gets a cookie", so please stay on topic, thanks.

You're still completely ignoring the point of the topic, let me write down what is clearly shown at the top.

I didn't write "the person that can bitch the most gets a cookie", so please stay on topic, thanks.

He's simply stating why it's an ineffective weapon combination - the Big Earner has some glaring weaknesses i.e it doesn't work well as part of the set, as the Ambassador itself is also a situational weapon (crits on headshot).

You're forgetting that the Spy undisguises upon backstabbing, and that the speed boost only lasts 3 seconds.

Anyways on topic, using the Wee Booties + Claidheamh + Splendid Screen sounds tempting as hell.

In higher levels, disguises are useless regardless of what you try to do, due to team communication. This new buff could allow you to do things like slingshot off slower targets to catch faster ones. Like stabbing a Heavy to catch up to and stab a Medic.

I'm probably going to bring back a loadout I had fun with in the past for heavy:

Brass Beast

Family Business

K.G.B

Be a roaming shotgun heavy until it's time to become a turret. K.G.B kills combined with the Family Business new buff will make for some nice rampages.

As for the Big Earner Debacle, I see the knife as the best chain-stab weapon now. With that speed boost, you can quickly close the gap and take out the next link before they realize what's happened. I will say that the Diamondback would be a better pair with it though; pick off the chain, then use the crits to eliminate any witnesses.

He's simply stating why it's an ineffective weapon combination - the Big Earner has some glaring weaknesses i.e it doesn't work well as part of the set, as the Ambassador itself is also a situational weapon (crits on headshot).

He is simply going off topic, I would have been fine with it, if he actually suggested a loadout and then commented on another suggested loadout, like what Scott did, instead of just "that weapon is shit" and nothing else.

As for the Big Earner Debacle, I see the knife as the best chain-stab weapon now. With that speed boost, you can quickly close the gap and take out the next link before they realize what's happened. I will say that the Diamondback would be a better pair with it though; pick off the chain, then use the crits to eliminate any witnesses.

That is actually very true, may have to try out the Diamondback for this one.

When is this update coming into affect, just looked at the buffs/nerfs of anti-spy Valve.

I've gotta say, the Buffalo Steak Sandvich / Warrior's Spirit combo will be interesting as hell. ~100 damage per hit and you get +10 health for every hit? Damn.

Archived