What should we do about such suggestions?

amol.more

That's some mod's poor job to sit through that. Most likely Sir J-j-jon or Polar Bear. Best of luck to either of them.

the strange thing is, the identity of person who accepted such suggestions, or closed other competing suggestions is not revealed. No notification as well.

Just an update for the the suggestion seeing as there as a there as a more recent sale.

Also you suggestion didnt take into account of over pay and you seemed to have picked proofs which made the range higher. Shouldnt cherry pick your proofs.

the strange thing is, the identity of person who accepted such suggestions, or closed other competing suggestions is not revealed. No notification as well.

Did you try mousing over the little "Accepted" box on the accepted suggestion?

rXjWee3.png

Just an update for the the suggestion seeing as there as a there as a more recent sale.

Also you suggestion didnt take into account of over pay and you seemed to have picked proofs which made the range higher. Shouldnt cherry pick your proofs.

That 'Overpay' thing is the poorest excuse they use it all time.!! Its the ultimate savior of such bad suggesters. The consequences->> rest people face, who eventually vote on other suggestions. Its like building own graves. Only difference is I build for you, you build for me.

That 'Overpay' thing is the poorest excuse they use it all time.!! Its the ultimate savior of such bad suggesters. The consequences->> rest people face, who eventually vote on other suggestions. Its like building own graves. Only difference is I build for you, you build for me.

You're honestly telling me that people don't expect an overpay? 

are you delusional? 

exactly what i was telling him

p.s

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/522bfb51ba2536cf278b4573

Yes the overpay is expected. But your logic behind setting overpay rule is impractical. When people look at hat they expect to get atleast average price that backpack suggests, for cancer hats expecting lowest price is ok (this is from seller perspective). From buyer perspective also this is somehow followed because most deal go unusual for unusual. Its up to people involved in trade to mutually reach good value when the trades include half pure or full pure. What you guys do is under name of overpay consider all hats to its lowest. Which in practical trades dont happen for most of hats. Everybody deals for profit. Profit depends on individual but everybody expects it, less or more.

When an actual trade happens, say for 16 to 20 buds hat. Do you think one seller assumes the price of 16 and then go to buyer for his hat. No he assumes he will get little more than its average or least average to have a satisfactory deal. But when u look from perspective of that fail overpay. It directly decreases to 16. For few hats it might be ok because the price range isn't vast. For new hats it is. And it has to be because for new item its very obvious people will sell for wide range of prices. So in time the range goes on tightening getting more precise and eventually ending up to accurate value. You guys don't leave space for such gradual advancement. You simply kill it at start. And this is the worst design you have attached to word overpay.

Now from buyers perspective, when you wanna buy a hat you want hat to its lowest price but only when you pay pure. That is most ethical and most of traders think of that (don't consider quicksale here because that is whole another chapter. So dont mix it up here). So basically when u want that 16-20 buds hat, if you paying pure you want it for 16. That is fine. But almost 70% deals dont go that way. So what you do? Do you think you should get the hat for 16 buds but while doing so your hat should be consider above its average value or fullest? That doesn't happen. both being traders are smart enough to reach mutual value and that mutual value is mostly lingering around average. Little less, little more. Some other factor may affect like who added whom or who offered whom but that gets into account automatically when anyone trades. Its natural.

What overpay should be is .9 of its maximum value or you should not have ranged value instead have fix value for hat and let the user decide how far they can fade both sides from this middle point. or may be some more better logic for overpay. But this current overpay logic cant be applied to all hats for all ranges. Indeed!

I think you're missing the point.

Backpack.tf prices are pure. If a price is 10 buds flat, expect to pay 10 buds. Not a 10 bud unusual. 

People take less in pure, so we have unusual overpay.

No....just no.

When someone offers me an unusual, i expect to get the mid-higher end but i still value the offer at the lower end, as do most people. I'm really not sure where you're pulling this crap out of...

What overpay should be is .9 of its maximum value or you should not have ranged value instead have fix value for hat and let the user decide how far they can fade both sides from this middle point. or may be some more better logic for overpay. But this current overpay logic cant be applied to all hats for all ranges. Indeed!

Over pay is either done by just taking the low end OR average price times 0.9 which basically gives similar values anyways :l

Backpack.tf prices based on pure value (ie ref/key/buds) not unusuals. Not everyone will receive the same unusual offers which is where the need to convert the prices of the offered unusual to pure value.

I'm really not sure where you're pulling this crap out of...

Any where which makes his unusuals seem of higher value :)

Any where which makes his unusuals seem of higher value :)

It was already higher valued by buyer. And it has proved it when it was sold for +4-5 buds the backpack.tf price. There are lot more proofs present. That makes the suggested price failure. Isnt it? So the point is i am trying here to minimise the difference so that the haters also join the compaign. But it seems everybody here is john nash so i guess there is no point in explaining practical theory to you mathematicians.

i guess there is no point in explaining practical theory to you mathematicians.

I'm pretty sure the average person here only uses a simple calculator, not multi-variable calculus to find values.

I always assume overpay.

It makes sense in both trading and suggesting

not sure what's the problem here

overpay is making his hats "seem" to be worth less.

This topic:

TC: I screwed up and forgot to calculate overpay so I am going to go rant and pretend that BP.TF doesnt work like that

Everyone else: No

TC: More rage

Everyone: You screwed up

TC: I refuse to admit it

I guess there is no point in explaining practical theory to you mathematicians.

For a person which is trying to convince others why overpaying shouldnt be taken because "overpay rule is impractical", the fact is that over pay is expected and should be taken. In your ideal buyer situation it introduces a very subjective means of trying to reason out why you dont want to take over pay as not everyone thinks the same way. I for one always value unusual offers at the low end or avg price time 0.85 if it is a large range.

Also your argument of that overpay should be taken as maximum value *0.9 is also stupid. Many unusuals would take ages to sell at the high end many which have gotten that "high range" from either having their trade open for weeks or lucked out and got slightly more.

Again your pointless argument of trying to change how overpay should be taken, obviously stems from your desire in an attempt to increase your bp value. Just take it as a grain of salt that you do need to take over pay and just deal with it.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51fdaa16ba2536d215000002

Another example here where the comments says this is bad suggestion etc etc. If this is way prices are set. A large group or community can easily manupulate backpack.tf isnt is? Or may be it s already going on there like this guy told here,

(in one of earlier suggestion he also asks someone to dislike my comment so it gets hidden(?))

qhtb.png

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51fdaa16ba2536d215000002

Another example here where the comments says this is bad suggestion etc etc. If this is way prices are set. A large group or community can easily manupulate backpack.tf isnt is? Or may be it s already going on there like this guy told here,

(in one of earlier suggestion he also asks someone to dislike my comment so it gets hidden(?))

qhtb.png

Theres a reason that the mod has final say no matter what the votes are. Ever see a key suggestion? If we went purely by votes keys would "be" 2 Ref right now. 

Theres a reason that the mod has final say no matter what the votes are. Ever see a key suggestion? If we went purely by votes keys would "be" 2 Ref right now. 

Why not, if you can find enough froof of it selling for 2 refs? But you wont, unless it happens with "all of us" right.. :D

Btw guys look around on op, i insist you guys do. Check the prices of these new hats new effects around and look at what people selling for. They even insult the offerers for offering backpack.tf value, there is power surge brotherhood, kill watt brotherhood, power surge bomber, even the gibuses. The bp.tf values are like 16, 20 etc and b/o are insane. Everyone seems to have turned down backpack.tf values. Doesnt it suggest you or give smallest idea that backpack.tf suggestions for them have somehow failed?

Even for old effect i insist you again, i recently went through cloudy modest, burning modest, multiple executioners, even killer exclusives like GE and PE, they sold for superb low prices. moon modest 18, ge exclusive 20. Why in the gods name backpack.tf have these hat's values godlike? Its a clear fault in system. I have noticed almost none of the high priced hats like even ranging from 20 to 50 (as per backpackk.tf stable values) , none sales unless its 3-4 sometimes 6-7 buds lower than they are stated. Then why do you guys insist on accuracy, precision, sales, mathematics, overpay blah blah blah around and around? i really dont get it. It is very clear the suggestions and prices have failed in time and more and more are getting added to it.

It is really serious matter guys. You are practically bringing chaos in market. I still suggest you stop this method and find some good solution all together.

Archived