Best Free Virus Scanner?

PeterLG

If you just clicked on it, (Chrome and firefox especially make it easy to see if something has been downloaded) nothing will happen and you won't need to do anything.

If something did install however, DON'T OPEN IT, run malwarebytes (my personal favourite AV, only paid feature is it scans automatically for you every few hours or so, rest is free) and it should clear from there.

If you just clicked on it, (Chrome and firefox especially make it easy to see if something has been downloaded) nothing will happen and you won't need to do anything.

If something did install however, DON'T OPEN IT, run malwarebytes (my personal favourite AV, only paid feature is it scans automatically for you every few hours or so, rest is free) and it should clear from there.

Alright thanks

not entirely true, there's such a thing as drive-by downloads that can silently install malware on your system.

I agree though, malwarebytes is kickass.

Archived