Items gifted by "special" people

Puddkingkip's Selfie

Do you think it's really worth more if like a guy with 5 thousand subs or whatever gifted your hat

Now I know all of them aren't like this

Like if geel, b4nny, stabby, etc gifted it I understand

i saw a guy selling a weapon for 8 keys cuz it's gifted by some "kubai" guy who is supposedly the best demoman ever

Wow

Yea screw b4nny he sucks ass

I think Items gifted from famous TF2 Players don´t make any diffrence to other Items if someone says this Hat is usually worth 1,33 but i got this hat from let´s say StabbyStabby so i want 5 keys now because i can.

This is just stupid imo.

they are just virtual hats and that some are even worth thousands of Dollars and Euros is understandable when they´re rare but not when someone got a rare item from someone famous.

If it's someone famous I understand that it might be worth a bit more. I won't pay it, but other people would. 

I think Items gifted from famous TF2 Players don´t make any diffrence to other Items if someone says this Hat is usually worth 1,33 but i got this hat from let´s say StabbyStabby so i want 5 keys now because i can.

This is just stupid imo.

Actually it really depends on who signs it. If Stabbystabby/star signs it it can increase it's value but quite a bit. This is because those youtubers are quite well known and dont do signings very often. The used to sign and didnt mind ppl adding them (a while back) but when users started adding them to get stuff signed so they can sell it for higher was when they started to refuse signings unless it's for a special event. This has also unintentionally made their "signature" increasingly rare and hence higher priced. 

Many other famous tf2 players eg b4nny kinda sign all the time which makes their items special only to the person who got it signed and because they sign so freely it's value doesnt increase much at all

Id like to have one of my spy items by MrPaladin. But its not the same if you buy a signed item, if you get an autogramm by a famous person its a "reminder" that you met the Person. Nothing more…

Well thats just my opinion

There is no such thing as a "signed" item. If it has a gift tag, it's gifted, regardless of the gifter's name.

It depends on who you ask the question. Btw I did sell a Beep Boy gifted by the creator of the item, NeoDement, for 8 refined.

I'd say that only the more well known people would make the value of an item increase. I believe a while ago when star_ was active, an item signed by him got far more than its usual worth (there was also a signed item for charity which got a few thousand I think). Personally, I like to have signed items by the competitive players I like/watch. I did pay 2 keys to get 2 items signed (then add 2 keys for gift wrap) by b4nny. I donated to scrap.tf's i55 fundraiser in hopes of getting a scatter signed by Clockwork. It probably wouldn't increase the value much but as Derpeh said, the signed items are special to me C:

If they're not really well known, I'd probably try and resell it at normal price.

I also have a max's head signed by max :DDDDD

It's a shame that there's a bug in game where it says 'Gifted by [unknown]' :c

I have my beak signed by a guy that semi mentored me in highlander, gave me a sub spot on his team which won ugc gold 

Personally I don't think so. Gifted items are meant to be gifts. I have received a few gifts (gift wrapped) and I care for the gifted tag because they are gifts. They remind me of how nice the gifters are. I think trading things you have received as a gift shows you are a dick and I will probably respect you less for it.

It's the same as with real life stuff. I'm not going to spend $20000 extra on a fiat panda because James May owned it, that's just stupid in my opinion. But if you want to spend your hard earned money on it, why would I care? Not my money

I paid 5 keys for a Slurgi gifted knife, nobody paid me anything extra for a signed bills I won from Strife though, idk

It really depends on the buyer. Gotta find the right fanboy. I got an item of mine signed by b4nny. It's a collector's item. Some view it as gifted, thence dirty, and worth less. I've also had offers of like 10 keys on it. It all depends.

It's a shame that there's a bug in game where it says 'Gifted by [unknown]' :c

Any idea when are they fixing it? I was wondering why did all the crafted items become [unknown] save myself and a few others for no particular reason.

I hate that shit. It's fucking gifted. Very rarely are items actually purposefully gifted by them. Someone buys a gifted item and gets the tag updated to reference the'special' person and overcharge for it. I don't watch anything on youtube, so anyone like star or bunny are just going to seem like some idiot gifted it.

/end rant

Do you think it's really worth more if like a guy with 5 thousand subs or whatever gifted your hat

Now I know all of them aren't like this

Like if geel, b4nny, stabby, etc gifted it I understand

i saw a guy selling a weapon for 8 keys cuz it's gifted by some "kubai" guy who is supposedly the best demoman ever

Wow

b4nny doesnt play demo anymore

I paid 5 keys for a Slurgi gifted knife, nobody paid me anything extra for a signed bills I won from Strife though, idk

nobody likes strife

nobody likes strife

I mean... He has a pretty entertaining series about recent large unboxes. I like watching Strife.

I treat signed stuff just like any gifted item.  It's worth less to me than a non-gifted item.  I don't care whether it's _star, Strife or whoever.   Anyone can create an alt, name it _star and then set the profile to private.   

Yes, there are those who will pay extra for these signed items, but those people are few and far between. 

Personally, I would not pay more.

If I had a weapon or something of that sort, I would turn it over to a fan for profit.

I'd pay more but only for certain items. Like I have my scatter signed by tcm_byte (My favourite mvm streamer), got my buds signed by Scizor (favourite comp sniper) and got a sf mackeral signed by Drunken F00l who is a valve employee. Why, iunno.

If it's personal then yes, I think it does increase. However, people who do it just for profits I'd not bank on making a lot of money on it.

I would pay less for PewdiePie's signiture.
I would pay for more Markiplier's or the item-creator's signiture....

But then again someone could just make an alt/mule account with the person's name & just sign things with that.  Soooo I guess a siggy should NOT affect an item at all just because it's easy to exploit.  I know you can track the previous owners... is it possible to use bp.tf2 or w/e to see if the sig is true or a fake?

Wow

I think you mean Kaidus.

Archived