Question On Amazon Gift Cards

A Ninja

If you were to buy an amazon gift card from someone and they bought it with stolen credit cards. The balance would be reversed on your account right and if you bought something with it , the account would go negative? What's a good time period to not use the balance too if you suspect it.

Amazon is renowned for their customer service. Having read stories about these kinds of situations, it seems like you can call them and sort it out and not receive a negative balance. Can't promise that this is true since I've never faced it, but chargebacks / stolen card issues are much less of a problem because Amazon will normally be understanding of your situation. Just don't do it repeatedly.

In regards to a physical gift card (Im not too sure about e-gift cards but i assume it would be the similar) if it was bought with a stolen credit card and the actual owner disputed payment the can be gift card and the amazon account associated with the gift cards will be closed. You will have to contact them...etc to reopen your account.

The balance to the gift card will still be void and any purchases using that card which havent been sent will be cancelled from my understanding as it's your responsibility to ensure you buy gift cards from authorised dealers/retailers. (Read Amazon's terms and conditions)

Someone please correct me if Im wrong as this situation has never actually happened to me but im drawing on experiences from friends.

In regards to a physical gift card (Im not too sure about e-gift cards but i assume it would be the similar) if it was bought with a stolen credit card and the actual owner disputed payment the can be gift card and the amazon account associated with the gift cards will be closed. You will have to contact them...etc to reopen your account.

The balance to the gift card will still be void and any purchases using that card which havent been sent will be cancelled from my understanding as it's your responsibility to ensure you buy gift cards from authorised dealers/retailers. (Read Amazon's terms and conditions)

Someone please correct me if Im wrong as this situation has never actually happened to me but im drawing on experiences from friends.

What would happen if you spent it?

Archived