Buy order boundaries

♥Prof. Sugarcube♥

Well thought i'd ask so mods can tell me
3807f01271ca639a73c6d6273966b76c.png

Is this allowed?

He's cutting the line with the price he's paying for painted, not for normal items

3a183fbcc3e96979763cd85583c1b5dc.png

Different person, same problem

d1faa6d405dc76438584bb4de0d96b71.png

<_>

If i was owning a Strange Scatter and looking for a buyer i don't want to surf through 50 listings of people cutting in line for paying for altered versions of an item

but the question is

Is this allowed? Should I report them or just leave em?

I personally believe they should not be allowed.

The price you put when making a buy order is what you would pay FOR A REGULAR VERSION of the item. If you put the price you are paying for modified versions, that is MISLEADING for regular sellers of the item. This is pretty much the buy orders equivalent of sellers listing the item at a much lower price but stating in the notes that they are actually selling at a higher price. One is not allowed, why should the other?

yeah if you not paying the price listed in the order no matter what is in the notes left for readers then it should be taken down since like Knavesmith said, its misleading. 

Eh, it's definitely annoying. Especially when you're the highest buyer of a certain item and you're not even on the main stats page.

YwAqMXi.png

it's annoying, but as far as the rules are concerned I'm pretty sure it's only breaking them if you do like your gibus examples where you list buying at the highest price possible, then state in notes you're paying lower for different versions.

imo, these should be sorted by:

1. basic KS

2. Spec KS

3. Prof KS

a tag-like filter should be applied to buy orders when making them (you check a box under the corresponding KS, paint etc), and that way it can separate all the requests for the different killstreaks

I also think that buy orders should have some form of boundaries. When it comes to issues regarding killstreaks, I don't have a problem with them. I can understand it can be irritating that someone buying say a strange Rocket Launcher for 7 keys when they asking for a professional killstreak, I don't however understand why people would get upset about that.

How is that any different from user buying a s.Rocket Launcher for 7 keys on Outpost (with keys  & launcher on the respective sides) with notes stating that it should be professional? The only differences between Outpost & Backpack buying trades is the lack of modification (e.g. s.Rocket Launcher + professional kit + text VS s.Rocket Launcher + text). What makes it worse is that the buy classifieds are rank from highest to lowest without filters.

When it comes to buy orders like these 

ed363d166b15883a9e785fe3d9842fef.png

Is this allowed too? Or is it just as annoying

That's ambiguous about the buying price. Buy orders I feel would be better if the buyer listed a pure price amount, I don't think it's acceptable to have buy orders with items as it can be exaggerated about their values.

FYI, as of today you can now place buy orders for killstreaks directly. Placing a buy order for the regular version and saying "killstreak" in the notes is now against the rules.

FYI, as of today you can now place buy orders for killstreaks directly. Placing a buy order for the regular version and saying "killstreak" in the notes is now against the rules.

Apparently by placing buy orders for killstreak directly still ends up showing it in the first listing of bptf of its normal counterpart

P.S ok nvm, guess it creates 2 seperate listing just that you have to wait an hour to "relist it"

Archived