Star Wars Battlefront E3 Reveal

Kevin the Chicken God

couldn't find the old topic

Battlefront gameplay was shown, see videos here:

Thoughts?

This has easily become my most hyped game after seeing those trailers, as well as the addition of co-op and a campaign, as well as 40 multiplayer maps on release.

After watching the multiplayer gameplay I have a few little concerns.

Firstly, the multiplayer looks extremely linear with objectives and it looked as though the At-At section was on-rails.

Of course this is only a small example but I don't  see a linear multiplayer experience working out for a game that was mostly about just capping points or flags in the past.

I don't think the UI we see here is all that nice looking, might just be because it's an earlier version from final release still but I'm just not a fan of it.

On a more positive note the game looks absolutely amazing and while I have my concerns I'm still quite hyped even though I won't be able to run it at all.

After watching the multiplayer gameplay I have a few little concerns.

Firstly, the multiplayer looks extremely linear with objectives and it looked as though the At-At section was on-rails.

Of course this is only a small example but I don't  see a linear multiplayer experience working out for a game that was mostly about just capping points or flags in the past.

I don't think the UI we see here is all that nice looking, might just be because it's an earlier version from final release still but I'm just not a fan of it.

On a more positive note the game looks absolutely amazing and while I have my concerns I'm still quite hyped even though I won't be able to run it at all.

they announced AT-AT as on rails when they did the release trailer, which made a bunch of people upset, but it looks like you can still use it, so eh

it looks a lot like battlefield rush, and will probably be like that from what I see

I am a huge fan of the first two battlefronts, and I really don't want to play this one. First, it was a lovingly made game based on the original trilogy, now it's just a bit of merch for the new films. Soon, it'll be a pay-to-win version of bad ratz, and so I'm not gonna touch it

as well as 40 multiplayer maps on release.

Kashyyyk stage one,Kashyyyk stage two, Kashyyyk rush, Kashyyyk free-for-all..... and then Naboo

I really hope they keep the wildlife vs rebels/imperials (the mode had a certain name but I forgot) in the game. It was probably one of my favourite gamemodes. Same goes for the heroes only mode.

I really hope they keep the wildlife vs rebels/imperials (the mode had a certain name but I forgot) in the game. It was probably one of my favourite gamemodes. Same goes for the heroes only mode.

That was good, an updated ewok mode would kick ass. Heroes only on Mos Eisley was fuckin' awesome too

Hunt. Honestly if the AT-AT are stuck on rails its not control point im not playing this game. I feel that 1 was better than 2 slightly and maybe 3 will be worse than 2. It looks like its Battlefield: Star Wars and not star wars battlefront. And after Battlefield 4 being boring and worse than 3, I probly wont be buying this.

Hunt. Honestly if the AT-AT are stuck on rails its not control point im not playing this game. I feel that 1 was better than 2 slightly and maybe 3 will be worse than 2. It looks like its Battlefield: Star Wars and not star wars battlefront. And after Battlefield 4 being boring and worse than 3, I probly wont be buying this.

I'm fine with Battlefront being Battlefield Star Wars, the original two were pretty barebones shooters with an incredible environment, soundtrack, and theme to work from. They've already shown that it's bringing in elements from the old games like hero drops, as well as a bunch of new elements taken from other FPS games that weren't present in Battlefield. If the game wasn't developed by Dice and didn't use frostbite 3, that comparison wouldn't really be made.

My biggest concern personally is variety in gamemodes, like if they'll include hero mode and the assault mode. These might be replaced by the co-op thingy, which looks somewhat like Halo 4's co-op campaign, which was great, but the addition of splitscreen is promising that they're thinking of what battlefront used to be, rather than making it a streamlined, modern shooter.

Archived