Mouse or laptop mouse pad for TF2?

The Wanderer

Mouse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pad

It's so much more accurate and easy to handle.

If you're referring to the touch sensitive "mouse" built into nearly all laptops, think about the range of movement of one or two fingers.

Then compare it to the range you get using your entire hand.

As the others have said, it's no contest. I can't think of a single situation where the touchpad would be better than a mouse.

Even if you just plan on playing Minesweeper, a mouse is noticeably better.

I've tried with the mouse pad on my laptop but it's seriously near impossible. Plus you can't look around and shoot at the same time, pretty much limiting you to sniper or spy

I played a year on tf2 with only my mousepad. Must say I became pretty good with it. But it just can't compete with a mouse :P

Is this even a question?

Even without the fact that its small and hard to control, you can't use the keys at the same time.

That's like comparing the efficiency of a single shotgun versus a single nuke to take down an army.

Mouse is always better.

I got REALLY good at minecraft with a trackpad, but for everything else I use a mouse.  Trackpads are basically good for nothing but are just a mandatory thing for laptops to have.  

There seems to be an insistence that a mouse pad will simply do. 

Is this logical in any way? 

A touch pad "will do" for just normal computer activities because you dont need tracking you're simply moving your cursor to a position and clicking.

A fps game where you will be aiming and tracking a touchpad will not surffice. Imagine trying to aim using a smartphone to control the mouse's movement to headshot a moving target. Good luck with that.

if you want to break your index finger and thumb after playing for 3 hours, go for a mouse pad

Archived