Question about pricing your listings

Febby

Hello everybody, i got banned for this reason: "Listing items for item overpay only. Classified listing prices are prices that you are willing to sell for pure"

Well... i listed all my collector's collection for items overpay only, didn't know that i was against the rules, but when the ban expires can i list my items with "overpay preferred", is that better than overpay only right? But can i?

Hello everybody, i got banned for this reason: "Listing items for item overpay only. Classified listing prices are prices that you are willing to sell for pure"

Well... i listed all my collector's collection for items overpay only, didn't know that i was against the rules, but when the ban expires can i list my items with "overpay preferred", is that better than overpay only right? But can i?

"Overpay preferred" is technically allowed - you were only banned for asking only for overpay :P So yes.

Yes you may but the price listed should be the price that you are willing to sell for pure if anyone were to offer that amount of pure to you. Otherwise, you may be reported for "Refused price"

Am i allowed to write "Taking offers" instead?  :P

No. You put down the price you're wiling to sell for in pure and in the notes you can say that you're also taking offers and item overpay.

You cannot place down a random price and say you only want offers, reason being is that if everyone did that the classifieds would be a complete mess cluttered and requiring buyers to go though pages to find someone who is selling their item for that they actually listed.

When you're buying things off outpost you tend to open alot of tabs so you can finally find a seller which isnt "taking offers only" or some random stuff right? We dont want classifieds to be like this. Simply list what you're willing to sell at for pure. If you're worried about not being "on top" think about it this way, if you're buying you'll be shopping around anyways, being on top doesnt increase your chances of selling at all.

Classifieds are set up for set prices only. You are allowed to state you're accepting item overpay, but must have a pure price you're willing to accept. If you do not like this system, then there are plenty of other trading sites which may better suit your trading style. These include tf2outpost.com, bazaar.tf, tf2tp.com, and a variety of other smaller sites.

You may also use these forums trading subforum for item trading: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/forum/15-team-fortress-2-item-trading

But if i write "taking offers" and i put the pure price isn't the same thing? Can i reject the exact pure offer if someone is willing to pay because i want wait for better offers? Isn't the same thing?

Am i allowed to write "Taking offers" instead?  :P

But if i write "taking offers" and i put the pure price isn't the same thing? Can i reject the exact pure offer if someone is willing to pay because i want wait for better offers? Isn't the same thing?

That is not allowed, if you put something up for a price, you better accept the offer if someone offers you that exact amount in pure. It is in 1 of the rules of the classified

If you want to take offers, go to backpack.tf forums: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/forum/26-team-fortress-2-trading/

Archived