What can I do to make people believe that I'm a good mod?

CecilyLovesYou<3™

So as you may see earlier from the post for dumbest kicks/bans, I posted on there and said how a mod (Currently admin) kicked me because I was against transsexual people (I didn't do anything for them, but there are rumors of me banning people based on the fact that they're trans, which I didn't.)

So here's the thing, the admin (His name was Shiro) told me that if I can change my attitude towards transsexuals, he might let me back in the group. However, if I want to be a mod, I will have to ask other people and make them trust that I'm gonna be a good mod in order to get back in the group and be a mod.

The problem is, what can I do to make people believe that? The hateful comments for trans that I wrote has been removed days ago, and there are currently 6 mods and 2 admins and the owner.

One of the mods trusted me, one of them's not sure, both admins don't trust me, and the other 4 mods and owner I haven't talked to yet.

What can I do to prove it? If you guys need chat logs I got them just in case.

P.S: Yes, I know I'm guilty of hating on transsexual people. It's just out of a sudden burst of anger towards people who've betrayed me and are trans. Now the hate's gone.

Be helpful and active for the place you're moderating.

I was kicked because of that. I need to find another way of proving it without getting in the group and moderate.

tell them that you are also a trans and you have been angry due to hate from your family

no dont do that

write like an apology saying something along the lines of "i just about got fired from work" or something like that and start helping people and try and get your mod status back

Simple: Be an outstanding member of the community. The only proper way to become a mod is to be trusted by your community and show dedication. From the sounds of things, it doesn't sound like you are trusted in the least, meaning you would not be a good mod.

Bursts of anger aren't something a mod should have, especially if its towards a controversial subject

I'd say you have a long way to go.

Maybe.... Don't write hateful things about trans people? Being hateful is never okay, no matter who it is, if you can't have a intellectual discussion or say something pleasant, don't say it.

Obviously he sees you as not group or moderator material as you can't seem to discern your personal feelings and what is appropriate for the situation. 

I was writing this and saw what Nitro had to say, and I'm going to agree with him. Shiro obviously wants more than just a heartfelt apology, he wants you to think about what you did, and not shove it under the rug.

My advice; stay off being a mod for a while, but remain in the group, be part of discussions, show through actions that what you said before is not what you believe now, and in time they may give you your mod position back; trust is not something you can gain back in a short period of time, and from the sounds of it what you said really soured their impression of you as someone deserving of a mod position. It's probably going to take a long, long while before other members will feel comfortable again with you being a mod, but if you really want people to genuinely trust you again, you're going to have to work for it.

Their is a difference between hating on something and actively showing that hate. If you hate something keep it to yourself being a 'dick' to others because of your own personal beliefs is not the right attitude.

Tbh if you can't keep your behavior in check you don't deserve to be a mod. You wouldn't want someone tho is a dick to others being a mod then you shouldn't try to justify yourself being a mod.

Realise that your beliefs are yours only and not everyone agrees with it

There are certain things that aren't acceptable in facets of modern society. As a general rule, being actively hateful toward a particular group is one of those things you don't do. Now that you've been ousted for doing so, the only thing you can do now is rescind your previous statements. Whatever drove you to make derogatory comments toward transsexuals, you must ask yourself, "Did I truly, with my heart, mean that?" If the answer is yes, then your apology will merely be a deception.

I've said some things I regretted in the past, not against any particular group but just toward a person. I was sincere when I told that person that I was sorry about what I'd done. How can you truly expect to be a moderator if you still harbor the same beliefs that made you unwelcome to being a mod in the first place? Before you can change their views, I think you should change your own.

Self redemption is the first step to being forgiven by others, in my opinion, and now since you've damaged your credibility with those people, you must redeem yourself before you can expect them to forgive you. 

How can I prove that I actually changed? Say nice things to trans people on my profile?

How can I prove that I actually changed? Say nice things to trans people on my profile?

If that's your solution then you haven't changed at all.

trans people > people

unique > mainstream

different > normal

Group of ethnic, gender or whatever is weird to judge unless it's retarded 12 year old people who think typing meme's on 9gag is fun, nazi's or other people who spread hate/anger. Hate on individuals who deserve it, not the entire group. lel @ apollo.

trans people > people

unique > mainstream

different > normal

Group of ethnic, gender or whatever is weird to judge unless it's retarded 12 year old people who think typing meme's on 9gag is fun, nazi's or other people who spread hate/anger. Hate on individuals who deserve it, not the entire group. lel @ apollo.

can you elaborate on this because it made no sense to me

If that's your solution then you haven't changed at all.

I'm honestly confused. I can choose to be nice, but then I feel like I can do more than just being nice.

You shouldn't pretend to be nice to be promoted

It's like a lie. The more you have, the more chance you have of tripping up and revealing something about yourself others thought wasn't who you were

If you want to argue or get angry about something like that, post it or move it to a forum away from the one you want to get mod in, unless it's a debate nobody will get upset about and yell

Real talk though, what if someone talked shit about a trait that you had on a server? Maybe you've already been made a target. Either way, you shouldn't be calling out certain kinds of people

That's the easiest way to get you disliked. You might have already screwed your chances of becoming a mod for a while

You have two options:

Type out a heart felt apology

or

go underground for a bit and re-introduce yourself in a month or so, hoping they forget

The last thing you want to do is pretend to be besties with transgender people. They'll call bullshit

I didn't call trans people shit on the group itself directly. It was directly on my profile page in steam.

I sexually Identify as a Forum Moderator. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of browsing over the forums dropping hot sticky bans on disgusting users. People say to me that a person being a moderator is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install locks, banhammers and a moderator cp on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Steam Community Discussions Moderator†and respect my right to ban from above and ban needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a modophobe and need to check your internet privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

I sexually Identify as a Forum Moderator. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of browsing over the forums dropping hot sticky bans on disgusting users. People say to me that a person being a moderator is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install locks, banhammers and a moderator cp on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Steam Community Discussions Moderator†and respect my right to ban from above and ban needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a modophobe and need to check your internet privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Wat?

Archived