Item Price Tracker

AwesomeMcCoolName

Ability to make a list on Backpack.tf of a items, and they would display the previous price, the current price, and any pending suggestions. 

The purpose being to make it easy to keep track of the items you're dealing with on a regular basis. I.e. if you're flipping a certain group of items (2011 Strange Festives) you're going to want to know if/when any of them fluctuate. 

Currently i just use the calculator to do it, but it gets annoying it isn't very good for a quick glance, it doesn't show the past price or any pending suggestions.

• 1 month later...

It would be great if we could "watch" certain items and their prices. If the price changes, you get a notification on the website.

To watch an item, you go to its info page (e.g. http://backpack.tf/stats/5021/6/0) and click "Watch" button. If the price changes (suggestion passes), you receive a notification about it.

What do you think guys?

Seems like something a lazy person would want. Anyways this idea has been brought up numerous times in the past with people wanting to know which items in their backpack have recently changed values, so its nothing particularly new. Brad, if he ever implements it, won't do it for a long time simply because there are more important, behind the scene updates he's trying to get ready to push.

It has nothing to do with being lazy. Checking pricelist daily becomes a boring chore after a while. It would be nice to know about the changes without looking for them.

And I know he is working on the backpack update, but this would be relatively easy to implement, since the notifications part is already there.

I suggested this in the old (Steam) forums, and Brad said that he already plans to implement this.

(I don't got a link though, seems like he deleted the forums in the steam group)

As an alternative, you could also follow the bp.tf twitter acc, but then you will get notifications about all price changes I guess

Wouldn't this cause more massive panic every time a price drops?

You get a buyer who wants the item, then he receives a notification about it dropping in price and then changes his mind.

Wouldn't this cause more massive panic every time a price drops?

You get a buyer who wants the item, then he receives a notification about it dropping in price and then changes his mind.

Any useful features will result in more stupid, its just inevitable....

i.e. people who use trade calculator and then call you a scammer because it says they're losing a lot of profit solely because it doesn't recognize renamed/painted/parted items. 

• 1 month later...

I'm kinda new to this backpack.tf thing but I would like to know can you "follow" prices so that once you log in, you can see the prices of the items you are following and don't need to search them one by one?? Thanks

I'm kinda new to this backpack.tf thing but I would like to know can you "follow" prices so that once you log in, you can see the prices of the items you are following and don't need to search them one by one?? Thanks

Unfortunately you can not. 

Archived