Key limit set to 1000, can it be increased?

Milz187

Hi,

I just tried to list my Burning Pullover and I noticed that when I try and list a key sale price over 1000 I get the error "Your keys value was too high" with buds being removed as an option I think this needs an update.

Thanks,

BM

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 29, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, May 29, 2015 - No reason given

Hi,

I am trying to sell a god tier that I bought from a guy who has been marked for years and I can actually sell it on this site. Can someone please explain why the fuck that is ok?

Thanks,

LL/s

Hi,

I am trying to sell a god tier that I bought from a guy who has been marked for years and I can actually sell it on this site. Can someone please explain why the fuck that is ok?

Thanks,

LL/s

Good job.

You ruined your ENTIRE trading career like *that.

Hi,

Thanks,

LL/s

No need to go off-topic here and possibly start a flame war, this is just a simple request.

I agree about extending the key limit. What if someone unboxed a Burning TC, and was unable to list it for 6.6k Keys?

Hi,

Thanks,

LL/s

I'm not sure what your trying to say? Are you saying I should be banned from backpack.tf?

Good job.

You ruined your ENTIRE trading career like *that.

I saw it as a hobby and not a career, hence all the overpaying i've been doing and even for the hat in question. Assuming i should magically know every scammer is pretty short sighted.

No need to go off-topic here and possibly start a flame war, this is just a simple request.

I agree about extending the key limit. What if someone unboxed a Burning TC, and was unable to list it for 6.6k Keys?

well it is kind of a burning pull over

I saw it as a hobby and not a career, hence all the overpaying i've been doing and even for the hat in question. Assuming i should magically know every scammer is pretty short sighted.

It wasn't aimed towards you :P

It wasn't aimed towards you :P

Ah cool, sorry was in self defense mode.

Wait, he brought the hat from a scammer? I am confused?

Wait, he brought the hat from a scammer? I am confused?

I'll try and explain it as best as possible.

SteamRep was down, I paid around double the value of the pullover on it at the time and then post trade found out he was SteamRep banned. I didn't get the pullover cheap by any means and paid a lot for it, so it wasn't like I was trading with scammers out of greed / self profit. I offered SteamRep admins a live feed into my trade history to see that It's not my go and it was an honest mistake. It was my first issue in around 5 years of trading, during that time I bought a burning Team Captain for pure paypal and the owner hasn't been charged back many years later.

I reported myself and opened up to any questioning... http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198025506314-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.89082/

A shit storm then followed... feel free to read the report and the linked in reddit post for more info.

I'll try and explain it as best as possible.

SteamRep was down, I paid around double the value of the pullover on it at the time and then post trade found out he was SteamRep banned. I didn't get the pullover cheap by any means and paid a lot for it, so it wasn't like I was trading with scammers out of greed / self profit. I offered SteamRep admins a live feed into my trade history to see that It's not my go and it was an honest mistake. It was my first issue in around 5 years of trading, during that time I bought a burning Team Captain for pure paypal and the owner hasn't been charged back many years later.

I reported myself and opened up to any questioning... http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198025506314-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.89082/

A shit storm then followed... feel free to read the report and the linked in reddit post for more info.

RIP, ForteSP is onto you, once s/he is, s/he wont get off until your banned..

RIP, ForteSP is onto you, once s/he is, s/he wont get off until your banned..

Nah this was a while back, he wasn't able to get me listed... he lied through his teeth trying to though but I was honest and really had nothing to hide and all he was able to put forward was assumptions.

I just do $3000++ trades all day during SR's 1% downtime.

> seems legit.

> seems legit.

Stop now. Take this to a private conversation if you want to continue; it has nothing to do with the topic here.

> seems legit.

It's pretty simple if you think of it like the below, feel free to assume otherwise.

If it's down for 1percent of the time and I conduct 100 trades then it's highly possible that at least one of those trades is going to be conducted during a SteamRep downtime. I've conducted thousands of trades and many of which are high tier trades.

It was down, it has been down many times and trading shouldn't stop when it's down.

this went downhill quick

Well yeah I came here to make a suggestion but LL starting throwing mud, I've reported it. My suggestion is still valid so I hope LL trying to detour it doesn't take effect. I'll probally be told I should ignore it but I'll rather clear things up then let him look to tarnish things more.

Being marked as a scammer doesn't ruin trading careers. It just ruins your public image.

Being marked as a scammer doesn't ruin trading careers. It just ruins your public image.

Personally I think it does both, def makes it very hard to be trading if your banned everywhere. But yeah I'm not marked as a scammer and have never scammed, pretty much the opposite, I've middlemanned many $500+ trades.

> seems legit.

*pours salt*

Personally I think it does both, def makes it very hard to be trading if your banned everywhere. But yeah I'm not marked as a scammer and have never scammed, pretty much the opposite, I've middlemanned many $500+ trades.

Alternate accounts are a thing. This is the problem with steamrep and similar. Ban enough legit traders for one trade with a scammer, eventually everyone's a scammer and nothing matters.

#RichPeopleProblems

I agree it should be increased :)

but i would better see the limit increase on unusual items,since usually only unusual items can only be more than 50 percent of its bp.tf price

Archived