A thread for me to blow off some steam at the forums

Tanner the Original Scout™

...I don't know how to start this.

I love the forums, and I love the community. But I also hate them, too. Venom's childishness, Box, the Sugarcube/Water Salesman dilemma, the d0 situation. No hard feelings, but some things get on my nerves and if one thing outranks everything else, it's how toxic this forum can turn into like *that.

To state why I'm still here: I feel this is a good place to have fun at. I don't feel like I'm alone, even if I make stupid decisions.

To state why I want to leave: The community... *sigh* I love it and I hate it. Most are friendly and funny. Unfortunately, too many people are way too childish at the most inappropriate times. Mods, while I love our mods here, sometimes don't handle the situation right.

All I normally hear now is "he owes me this" (or in d0's case, "i don't owe anything"). Is it that hard to pay someone back?

This is not a discussion of me hating on the forums. This is just my criticisms on it; nothing is personal, and hey, everyone's entitled to criticize, right?

Sorry, but I felt the need to do this sooner than never.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is similar to my reasoning behind going inactive. 

I've found that the forums have changed. They've become more... toxic, I guess. You've worded it well.

This is similar to my reasoning behind going inactive. 

I've found that the forums have changed. They've become more... toxic, I guess. You've worded it well.

When I was grounded temporarily left, the forums just... collapsed upon itself.

Edit so I don't get another warning point.

You are right OP, most of the forum users here including myself have changed a lot overall.

I'm here for entertainment, as well as this forums are a way of me getting quick and sometimes useful and relevant information regarding things going on in this community.

I guess you could say, They've become more

Venomous 

cool_face-400x325.png

No... just no. This is exactly what I was talking about.

I guess you could say, They've become more

Venomous 

cool_face-400x325.png

In all seriousness though OP, I feel ya. As everyone knows, all good things come to an end. 

See, this is why no one likes you or Fortesp.

To state why I want to leave: The community... *sigh* I love it and I hate it.

That's the exact reason I quit suggesting.

I just joined recently, and the Venom, Sugarcube, BOX drama is already annoying me.

And the fact that i can't ever make a serious post without some 10 year old calling me a 40 year old man. 

Still debating if i want to keep trying out the forums, or if i want to save myself the headache.

When I was grounded temporarily left, the forums just... collapsed upon itself.

my leave was caused by my 4 month break from steam which I took after I quit trading which was caused by my bans from trading sites.

And it has.

There are two generations on the forum now. The original generation such as Baloo, Puddingkip, Chigga etc and then a newer generation such as Venom, AngelMander, Wubsies, Debra etc. Im sorry but I find the new generation to be extremely immature. The great below used to be kind of funny but then it was turned into nothing but shitposting and everyone wanting to rape each other. Then they started leaving the great below and shit posting in every topic. We cant have any topic that doesnt have a mention of "dank memes" or other stupid shit. Its honestly very annoying and it makes me angry

There are two generations on the forum now. The original generation such as Baloo, Puddingkip, Chigga etc and then a newer generation such as Venom, AngelMander, Wubsies, Debra etc. Im sorry but I find the new generation to be extremely immature. The great below used to be kind of funny but then it was turned into nothing but shitposting and everyone wanting to rape each other. Then they started leaving the great below and shit posting in every topic. We cant have any topic that doesnt have a mention of "dank memes" or other stupid shit. Its honestly very annoying and it makes me angry

Where would I fit in?

-snip-

this is why i have died on the forums

Where would I fit in?

midfags

neither old nor new

i am there too (probably)

Where would I fit in?

Well you, me and Wubsies came in I think in 2014, soooo...

I think he's calling you the bad generation.

And in response to that: Fuck you, this whole "Muh olduh forumz" bullshit is just nostalgia blinding you.

Well you, me and Wubsies came in I think in 2014, soooo...

I think he's calling you the bad generation.

And in response to that: Fuck you, this whole "Muh olduh forumz" bullshit is just nostalgia blinding you.

I came in right at the end of the nostalgia forums I think

Nostalgia Forums: Pre 2014

Main User Base: Jan 2014-Sep 2014?

New: Oct 2014-Present?

nobody is blaming any group of people here, it's just that the forums haven't been as fun lately as they once were and have kinda turned into a drama cesspool 

Im not saying everyone who joined after a certain time is bad, just that since about a year ago, the forums have really declined and there are a lot of users that joined in that time that act very immature. I dont find it funny to have to see 50 statuses of "debra loves me the most" or "dank memes can't melt steel beams". There was a time when this place was really fun and everyone was fairly respectful. I cannot say that anymore

There's a reason I sometimes refer to this place as cringe.tf because that's what this place really is. The immaturity is through the roof and a lot of drama that happens on here is pure nonsense .

I dont find it funny to have to see 50 statuses of "debra loves me the most" or "dank memes can't melt steel beams". 

omg. Fucking this^^^

i don't know whether i should be offended or honored that im part of a thing that makes someone want to leave these forums

So what your saying in general is that if we remove Venom, Sugarcube, and d0 from the forums, it would become more tolerable?

Cause if it is, sign me and the rest of the forums up.

Ill give another example of whats wrong. As you all know, Dota is my game of choice and the dota subforum is where I spend most of my time. I bet if I dug through a few topics, I could find at least 10 posts of people responding to topics with "i dont know anything about dota" or "dota is lame". Ok, if you don't like Dota, oh well, but do you really need to spam the dota subforum?

There's a reason I sometimes refer to this place as cringe.tf because that's what this place really is. The immaturity is through the roof.

i agree with you but somehow i can't rant about it

may as well give it a shot

the problem with the forums is the extreme drama, that is initiated by users who have their defining traits as immaturity and stubborness, coupled with childish hatred (eg. hating for a very silly reason that makes no sense at all) so it all begins to create a toxic ambient that alienates users and since we all have been guilty of participating on a flame war once that just makes things worse and so with time we got a shitstorm and since we have new users nearly everyday and since very new users don't know the ambient of the forums they post random shit outside of their respective forums which annoys the everloving fuck out of everybody and since they are shunned by the 1st mentioned people they never come back, which means the forums die slowly by action of those 1st users and someday these forums will be very dead by action of those users. rip.

i don't know whether i should be offended or honored that im part of a thing that makes someone want to leave these forums

feel ashamed

So what your saying in general is that if we remove Venom, Sugarcube, and d0 from the forums, it would become more tolerable?

Really if it just got a little more mature. I'm sure I speak for a lot of forumers when I say that a slightly more mature forum would be a better one.

Really if it just got a little more mature. I'm sure I speak for a lot of forumers when I say that a slightly more mature forum would be a better one.

and if we kept the random shit in the great below (since it is a place for posting shit)

Archived