Leaving High School

♥Nick♥

For all those people that graduated, took the GED, whatever. How did it feel when you left High School?

I graduate next week and was wondering about how to feel about it. I thought I wasn't going to care but after high school, things start to get serious. How did you feel about? Were you happy? Or did you miss those grade school years?

not leaving high school for me

leaving middle school ^^

Next year is the first year of high school, hype

I'm in your same boat, Nick. I'm curious as well. I don't think It'll bother me too much, but I'm very excited for what is to come! 

It's odd. But its like your birthday, you don't really 'feel older'. But now you are older, and out of highschool, and if you are one of those college goers, then a college student.

I'm sure I was glad. I didn't graduate on stage, decided not to spend 100$ on cap'n gown but did attend it.

It's the same after, well you will feel the same. College is a more time consuming high school, but you can easily truck up and you need to have good time management skills

As for life as the years progress you will have less and less time.

How to spend time with family, friends, hobbies,

significant other, etc with a school/work schedule

It's hard to spend time with friends at certain times of years (during projects, test weekends, finals) , since when will scheduled free time ever overlap

It's currently 12:38 AM for me. My high school graduation is in approximately six hours.

I opted out of walking across the stage, I'll pick up my diploma from the office in a few days. How do I feel about it? Like shit. I have to figure out what I want to do with my life, and I'm still not sure. I need to get my drivers license, go to college, and fulfill roles that are expected of me, and the time is finally here.

But as with everything else, life goes on, and I will find my path.

I didn't really give a fuck. I moved highschools three times, so the people I grew up with I wasn't graduating with. The only people who attended were my parents' which really pissed me off because they didn't even tell my older brothers (they are 3 and 4.5 years older than me) that I was graduating. I didn't get a party or attend any either. I'm just a bitter fuck so take this as you will.

edit: I should also add that minus Freshman and Sophmore year, I wasn't involved with school at all, because that's when I moved schools the first time during HS. So I have no 'good times' to reminisce about for the most part.

God I miss highschool, probably the best times I had where school was actually fun. Currently in my 2nd year of Uni and it's Hell ;-;

I went to Middle College in September, so I spend my high school junior year at college with one high school district mandated course. It's pretty quiet and peaceful. I'm glad I left.

One of my bigger regrets is immediately jumping into college after high school. While it's generally expected that a person should jump right into the higher educations, I feel taking a 1-2 year sabbatical from school to take a break, figure out where a person wants to go in life, and then earning some money to do so would help so many people. Otherwise, it just leads to burnout.

• Administrators

I didn't really go to classes much so didn't really feel like anything. Just started not going to college classes instead.

I didn't go to an American highschool obviously but I'd say it's pretty comparable. At the time it felt great. I wasn't all that certain to graduate because I half-assed my way through high school. But I did and with actually pretty good grades because I did really well on the finals.

So that and the fact I had a 3.5 month holiday ahead of me made it awesome. Normal Dutch summer holiday is 6 weeks so this was reaaalllyyy long. Now I'm in my first year of uni and am loving it. It's very different from highschool and it would be a lie to say I never miss high school. You're closer with those people, life is easier and much more orderly.

All in all it's not bad, uni is great but I sure miss my high school immaturity and lack of responsibility. Life is so serious these days

I felt really sad because I would miss my friends and girlfriend. 

I was proud of myself for getting good grades and stuff but I knew I would miss the people I had been friends with for years.

I'm right now in the last week of my exams. So many people told me that I'd never finish middle school (it's called like that in holland) at VWO level, so I'd like to prove them wrong. Only at VWO you can get into uni.

It feels good to prove them wrong.

One of my bigger regrets is immediately jumping into college after high school. While it's generally expected that a person should jump right into the higher educations, I feel taking a 1-2 year sabbatical from school to take a break, figure out where a person wants to go in life, and then earning some money to do so would help so many people. Otherwise, it just leads to burnout.

That's actually what I did.  I've been out of high school since last year and going to start college this August. Very excited to go.

I actually regret taking the year off tho. Finding a job was a bitch, most of my friends actually went to college (so I couldn't really enjoy this 'free' life at its fullest), I now feel like I'm very behind and worst of all, I got a lot of pressure from my family saying that I should have gone straight to college. Needless to say it felt like a waste of time.

I know it's different for everybody but this was my experience. I wish I was back in school already :(

Archived