Looking for feedback on my game

Kuuko-San

Right, as a few of you are aware, I've been making a game for college. I've finally been able to release and test it publically over the few days, via a private googledrive link.

This is a game i made for my final college project (I'm doing Video Games Design),  and I've spent the past 5 or so weeks on it.

What the game is a incremental/idle game where you stab emojis and get money <3

As the google drive link looking dodgy as all hell, I decided to upload it to Kongregate.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/eshancowee/the-emoji-fighter

I need feedback.

I know the artwork is off, and for some reason the fonts I used aren't supported, but with a couple days left, I don't have time to do any major changes.

The gameplay, I've been told, is quite addictive apparently, and people seem to like it (for some reason)

So I urge you to give it a try, share it around and give me feedback <3

Looks decent to me, but what seriosuly bugs me out is no music and sound effects.

If you can add music this would fit pretty well

Gave it a go last night, some of the images looked a little low resolution but that can be overlooked.

I don't know if this was intentional but if you do not have the game open in a tab but you are not directly using said tab you won't get any money even when the upgrades kill the emoji.

Might be because I get tired fast but I feel the weapon upgrade needs some kind of buff as it is currently very slow and I would say ineffective.

Overall it is fun though, reminds me of Cookie a clicker a little.

The game is not bad, but there is nothing that makes it different from other idle games.

Also, if the emoji has 1000 HP, it should not give 300 or whatever money it gave me, while the one with 10 HP gives me 10 money, there is no reason to kill the emojis with higher HP, because farming the one with 10 HP is more profitable.

The fact that you can't idle the game while on another tab also makes it way more slow than it should be, I know games that idle while on another tab and a few that keeps idling even when the game is not open.

Looks decent to me, but what seriosuly bugs me out is no music and sound effects.

If you can add music this would fit pretty well

Considering it's a type of game where most people would just leave AFK and alt-tabbed, it was mainly intentional

Gave it a go last night, some of the images looked a little low resolution but that can be overlooked.

I don't know if this was intentional but if you do not have the game open in a tab but you are not directly using said tab you won't get any money even when the upgrades kill the emoji.

Might be because I get tired fast but I feel the weapon upgrade needs some kind of buff as it is currently very slow and I would say ineffective.

Overall it is fun though, reminds me of Cookie a clicker a little.

It's a low rez game, only 640x480.

About the weapon upgrade, that's honestly something I tried balancing, and had issues with. I didn't have the timeframe to implement half the upgrades I wanted to, so I had to go with a scaling system. And by the time they're expensive, most people have already got a decent amount of idle power.

The game is not bad, but there is nothing that makes it different from other idle games.

Also, if the emoji has 1000 HP, it should not give 300 or whatever money it gave me, while the one with 10 HP gives me 10 money, there is no reason to kill the emojis with higher HP, because farming the one with 10 HP is more profitable.

The fact that you can't idle the game while on another tab also makes it way more slow than it should be, I know games that idle while on another tab and a few that keeps idling even when the game is not open.

I wasn't made to be _different_ it was made to be a functioning game. I tried to implement features from other idle games, while having different enemies, apposed to just clicking a giant cookie.

The money is like that for good reason. When you get later in the game, which is when you should start moving up, your DPS should make it so that the 10 hp one isn't that profitable, as you could 1-Hit the 50hp one and get 2.5x the profit. They all respawn at the same speed, so there's no reason to stick with the lower ones. It also stops people grabbing a macro and just going to the 4th or 5th enemy and boosting their way up. It's meant to go up, as you go up.

The reason why you can't idle on another tab was software limitations, and not something I could control. Dragging into a new window and minimizing works, however, which is why I put it on the title screen.

Thanks for the feedback though, it's all greatly appreciated :)

Tried. Broke the game.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooow. brb opening up my macro to be worlds best emoji fighter

Inconsistent artwork, loads of space wasted doing nothing, poor color choice [nothing in your palette goes together]

Code and gameplay are alright, but the game itself is ugly af.  Spend time making it look better, choose an artstyle and stay with it instead of throwing random themes in.

I get addicted to any game like this. BRB is a few hours when I defeat the final boss.

Get music + mute button

Make the buttons round and wtf is that empty white space rectangle at the top??

Also, change the colours a bit. Current colours hurt my eyes.

Its a great little flash game with lots of potential.

Things you should look at in the future:

• Cleaner, organized, and themed UI
  • Music and sound (toggle-able, for those who minimize it)
  • Better images on the knight and emoji (consistent resolution and drawing style)
  • Animated movements
  • Cleaning up the edges on the emoji
  • Long-term gameplay upgrades 
  • Keep a consistent resolution/drawing style on all objects in the game, so it doesnt look like it was all stitched together
  • Consider uploading it onto its own website (.io domain has a lot of nice games)

Bugs I have noticed:

• Negative health values appear for a fraction of a second
  • Sometimes the health value disappears and reappears after a few seconds
  • Emoji health resets to its original value when buying upgrades

Recommendations:

• Take a look at cookie clicker, it will give you some ideas
  • Dont abandon the game! Great potential!

Given that it is just a start, its amazing, and reminds me of cookie clicker.

Will you be working on it over the summer or are you aiming for a final draft to turn in?

I'd like to add you on steam if you are open to it. I am a highschool student considering a long-term career in game design, and I have some questions about how you got started.

Inconsistent artwork, loads of space wasted doing nothing, poor color choice [nothing in your palette goes together]

Code and gameplay are alright, but the game itself is ugly af.  Spend time making it look better, choose an artstyle and stay with it instead of throwing random themes in.

If you couldn't tell, I'm not an artist xD 

It was all but black and white Monday.

With it being due in on Friday, I tried as hard as I could on that.

But I'll continue to work on it :3

If you couldn't tell, I'm not an artist xD 

It was all but black and white Monday.

With it being due in on Friday, I tried as hard as I could on that.

But I'll continue to work on it :3

'Ey, if you ever need some sleek graphic design done, hit me up. Otherwise, here's my input on the game.

I understand this is like super-alpha, so I will write this review with that in mind.

- It functioned perfectly on mobile

- It was a bit tedious to get started

- Tap damage progression is slow AF, you might as well only buy the creatures and what not.

Otherwise, from my point of view, it functioned fine- even on mobile.

Just clean it up and what not, and you could *probably* release it on the android store or something for more input.

'Ey, if you ever need some sleek graphic design done, hit me up. Otherwise, here's my input on the game.

I understand this is like super-alpha, so I will write this review with that in mind.

- It functioned perfectly on mobile

- It was a bit tedious to get started

- Tap damage progression is slow AF, you might as well only buy the creatures and what not.

Otherwise, from my point of view, it functioned fine- even on mobile.

Just clean it up and what not, and you could *probably* release it on the android store or something for more input.

tediousness is moreso down to lack of content, and more balancing.

Glad mobile works, even on Kongregate. I knew it worked with the old version. but I'm glad it worked on Andriod.

Tad Damage has been nerfed, buffed and I've honestly just left it with how it is for two reasons;

It's mainly there as an early game method of getting cash, and I didn't want it to get too stupid because people with macros and such *cough* debra *cough* would be able to abuse it.

In other news;

200 plays <3 I love you all

It's fun as a novelty time-passer.

Awkward hearing no music or FX, just clicking.

Emojis make it "hip and relatable"

made by nerd

7/10 for your first production

It's fun as a novelty time-passer.

Awkward hearing no music or FX, just clicking.

Emojis make it "hip and relatable"

made by nerd

7/10 for your first production

ty nurd 

10/10 best children's math game. Learn to count and subtract/divide how many clicks it takes to kill the big bad emoji. I am proud of you :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

10/10 best children's math game. Learn to count and subtract/divide how many clicks it takes to kill the big bad emoji. I am proud of you :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Like Skyrim with Emojis

Archived