Fake screenshot?

Jacobmeister

Okay, I'm no expert on screenshots or editing or whatever, but this one's driving me a little crazy so I'll ask you guys.

Here's the suggestion I'm referencing: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/555a80d0ba8d88546d8b45c4

One screenshot was provided, of a sale: 9bf8fe0f07b130c22c0faf3cc7774226.png

Compared to this screenshot, I'm a little unsure:GMS1DPU.png?1

Clear differences between the two. No timestamp on the right, player traded with hasn't got their name in a different colour, date's been swapped. I even tracked down the hat itself: http://backpack.tf/item/2094648440(lol duped)

Thoughts?

You can add the buyer to confirm maybe

Already have - they're not responding to my request, sadly. At this point I'm 99% it's fake though.

Already have - they're not responding to my request, sadly. At this point I'm 99% it's fake though.

Maymay is on my friends list. I will ask him as soon as he's online.

When I first saw it, I thought it was fake, but after thinking, I guess he was just hiding the buyer's name in an unusual way.

If not, it is very badly made and fake.

Maymay is on my friends list. I will ask him as soon as he's online.

The buyer, man. Not MayMay, the seller :P

Would be a good idea to let him know he's been caught out, though. I'd like to hear from him on this matter too.

Well yes its edited, question is if that's malicious, from the looks of it he just wanted to hide the buyers name, which is nothing bad itself. But yeah surely worth looking into it.

Definitely fake. Given it was used to raise a price puts up a lot of warning flags. It appears they just shopped over whatever it actually sold for- see the misplaced + sign, not to mention the weird quality and the "You traded with you".

6 refined was most definitely not offered in that trade, at least not according to inventory history by the buyer.

WE21lC4.png

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, June 3, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, June 3, 2015 - No reason given

Fake and ghey

Archived