Major Senator Caught In Major Cocaine Bust.

Engi Desu

I dug through the archives on the forums and didn't see a discussion about this at all. It really is underrated as hell with this story back from November. (Originally October when the story was leaked.)

Source: http://crooksandliars.com/2014/11/drug-warrior-mitch-mcconnell-tied-millions

Apparently, the current Majority Leader Senator (Mitch McConnell) was smuggling cocaine into the country (several millions of it) with his wife (through his wife's shipping business) a while back.

It only came up as of late in the past year, especially since it was right after the elections when this story even picked up any steam from alternative media. (Mainstream, not even a single ounce.)

Should Mitch McConnell be thrown out of Congress and be put into a federal jail for this shit, especially letting his wife's business do it with his knowledge?

(Throw out partisanship and look at the straight facts.)

Things would be easier if this was regulated and not oppressed.

But yes, given the current laws of the USA he should, to my knowledge, be imprisoned. I'm not sure if he should be thrown out of congress though I'm not sure how useful he can be from jail. I'd say imprison him and then if he wants he can come back to politics after his time behind bars.

This is what America has come to. Government officials can do whatever the hell they want but us "peoples" are forced 
to abide with broken laws.

In some countries he'd be executed for drug smuggling. Has he seriously not been imprisoned yet?

Is anyone else thinking of payday 2 ^^

Is he not imprisoned yet?

"McConnell is out of custody!"

The shit senators can get away with is insane.

Do any of you know the story of Leland Yee? He was a senator who passed a lot of stuff into legislation trying to ban or limit the sales of violent video games. Anyways, he was arrested for international weapon trafficking, more specifically, buying shoulder-mounted rocket launchers and missiles from Islamic extremist groups. That sounds like a plot right out of the video games he was trying to ban!

Guess what? He got out on a $500,000 bail. That's the end of the story. Had he been anyone other than a senator he'd probably be in jail for life by now.

Political immunity can get a bit absurd sometimes, and I'm surprised there isn't more public outcry when big illegal senatorial scandals like these happen.

In some countries he'd be executed for drug smuggling. Has he seriously not been imprisoned yet?

Nope. He's still on the Senate Floor, trying to pass anti-abortion laws and being an old grandpa.

The shit senators can get away with is insane.

Do any of you know the story of Leland Yee? He was a senator who passed a lot of stuff into legislation trying to ban or limit the sales of violent video games. Anyways, he was arrested for international weapon trafficking, more specifically, buying shoulder-mounted rocket launchers and missiles from Islamic extremist groups. That sounds like a plot right out of the video games he was trying to ban!

Guess what? He got out on a $500,000 bail. That's the end of the story. Had he been anyone other than a senator he'd probably be in jail for life by now.

Political immunity can get a bit absurd sometimes, and I'm surprised there isn't more public outcry when big illegal senatorial scandals like these happen.

It's the two-tier justice system in America. If you're rich enough, you'll be able to use your political power, wealth, etc, to get your way. I know what case you're referring to and I believe he should have been thrown out of government for that involvement. I don't care Democrat or Republican, corrupted officials just need to be thrown out of government entirely.

Hell, Jamie Diamond and those bankers got away with a bail-out, because the U.S. Government buckled underneath the weight of their power.

Even Jamie Diamond told off Elizabeth Warren in a banking hearing and said "Oh, you're just going to hit us with a fine anyways." (Paraphasing) like a total smartass.

Archived