"An unexpected error has occurred. Your transaction has not been completed."

Phresh Memes 'R Us

I was looking to buy some stuff on Steam but it declines my card, saying "An unexpected error has occurred. Your transaction has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support." Here's what I did

-Contacted the potato sacks that are Steam support around a week ago, no response.

-Followed the general advice they give by deleting some files they tell us to to restore steam to factory settings with userdata still present. Did nothing at all.

-Tried on different browsers, nothing.

-Tried on a friend's laptop on his account, it worked.

-Tried on all of my alts (2 of them), nothing worked.

-Checked discussions for anyone with a similar problem, none of the methods they proposed worked.

Anyone know any solutions?

potato sacks that are Steam support

That is the best metaphor I've ever heard for steam support

Anyway, are you sure it isn't an issue with your card? Maybe you maxed out the limit or something without realizing it.

i had that a week ago,fixed itself on its own

try buying the game via big picture mode just for the lulz

i had that a week ago,fixed itself on its own

try buying the game via big picture mode just for the lulz

Tried big picture, did nothing

Also, the card works for every other purchase i.e. food, and it's not just limited to my laptop, if I logged in on another system it still wouldn't work.

Gonna try discuss it with my bank, but I'm sceptical since it works for food meaning it's not locked by the bank.

Also, this error started happening after I bought 3 copies of CSGO with this card, although I only bought 1 for my alt, and bought 2 accounts for my 2 other friends directly on THEIR account on THEIR system.

I had this happen to me a multitude of times. I've even had this message yet still I was charged.

The money came back like a week later but as for the message I can only say wait a few days maybe a week or 2 and try again.

I had this happen to me a multitude of times. I've even had this message yet still I was charged.

The money came back like a week later but as for the message I can only say wait a few days maybe a week or 2 and try again.

So there's really no fix to it other than just waiting and hoping?

I understand Steam can be pretty crap, but I didn't think it'd be this bad.

What country do you live in? I had a gift card once that was only possible to use in the country it was created in, so since it was created in the US I could use it here. But Amazon is an international company, and I had trouble getting it to work with it.

I don't really know what I'm talking about here, but maybe you have a landlocked card, and it works on local things, but not on steam since it's international/based in US

What country do you live in? I had a gift card once that was only possible to use in the country it was created in, so since it was created in the US I could use it here. But Amazon is an international company, and I had trouble getting it to work with it.

I don't really know what I'm talking about here, but maybe you have a landlocked card, and it works on local things, but not on steam since it's international/based in US

I live in Australia. This card has worked since January 2014 up until now.

Nevermind, the thing Steam Support JUST sent me to delete the files actually worked this time around.

Archived