Urgent Help regarding a Cash Trade.

MrPeaches

Honestly, I'm too gullible and I've lost so much because of that.

Its a long text block, but please bear with me.

I sold my Burning Modest to a person who helped participate in many TF2 Charities (Flares That Care/etc.). However, the first time around, he sent they money (for the Burning Modest I owned) to the wrong person. 

Both of us lacked screenshots of the part where I stated my PayPal. (It was in a trade window, which I didn't take a picture of).

Reported him to SR immediately after that as I thought he scammed me (Polar, my Key Supplier, banned him off BP.TF and the OutPost admins did the rest).

A day later, he comes around saying that he had "finals" and stuff so he went off. (He was on Steam at the time, but wouldn't respond).

After that, he says he'll refund me for the Modest if the PayPal dispute doesn't go through (the person he sent the money to claimed the money and never responded). Ever since then, I've been asking him if I'd get a refund or not, he's resold everything but 1 unusual he has. 

BUT, the funny thing I find about this, is that, he "promises" to refund me after he quicksells everything he has.

And now, we get to present day, this morning, I was in need of keys so I asked him if he would sell me some Keys for PayPal. He agreed and I sent the money to my PayPal. Sadly, this account is temporarily community locked and he refused to trade the keys to my main, which had 2 Vac's from CS:GO and MW2.

So... I make another alt to recieve the keys only to find out you have to wait 15 days to trade items. Asked him whether he would refund the money to me and he kept responding with ":<" or "I need da moni". Honestly, I don't see why he wouldn't refund the money to me (and change the notes so he would trade it to my main, which he agreed to trade to after I convinced him). Currently, I'm panicking and making this thread, as of current, he has both my Burning Modest and $80 in PayPal.

Convo I could salvage:

Crisiscore: wait why u cannot activate steamguard
chupapalago: its a new account
chupapalago: I activated it
chupapalago: but you have to wait 15 days to trade bc standard protocol
chupapalago: actually -.-
chupapalago: can you just refund the payment pls..
Crisiscore: well i mean we could actually wait 15 days :3
chupapalago: but I don't want to xP
chupapalago: so can you just refund the payment
Crisiscore: then u are braeking the agreement :<
Crisiscore: coz i need the moni
chupapalago: ....
chupapalago: refund the payment please
Crisiscore: :<
chupapalago: pls
Crisiscore: :<
chupapalago: ...
chupapalago: aight I'm going to file a dispute
chupapalago: if you aren't going to refund it
Crisiscore: :3
chupapalago: I'm not kidding man
Crisiscore: well then i guess ill just report u :3
Crisiscore is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
chupapalago: for what...
chupapalago: yenno I never wanted it to be like this
chupapalago: You refuse to refund it so we can correct the notes and just get the trade over..
chupapalago: so I have no other choice but to file a dispute

Sounds really fishy, he threatened to "report" me because I asked him to refund the money when I never recieved the keys. The current SR Report on him is still pending, BUT, I can reinstate the OutPost and BP.TF Bans.

Thoughts??

I can't understand why you would want to do more PayPal trades with him if he still hasn't paid you for the Modest. Sounds like he is making excuses, there's nothing wrong with trading with VAC banned accounts.

Save all chats. Wait a year for the SR report. You should have reported it to FoG, they are a lot faster.

EDIT: I'd get on with reporting him again to Outpost and Bp.tf, he is already trying to sell the Modest. And you can chargeback the money you sent him, he can report you but that won't do any good since he wouldn't have proof of trading keys to you.

You dun goofed

I can't understand why you would want to do more PayPal trades with him if he still hasn't paid you for the Modest. Sounds like he is making excuses, there's nothing wrong with trading with VAC banned accounts.

Save all chats. Wait a year for the SR report. You should have reported it to FoG, they are a lot faster.

EDIT: I'd get on with reporting him again to Outpost and Bp.tf, he is already trying to sell the Modest. And you can chargeback the money you sent him, he can report you but that won't do any good since he wouldn't have proof of trading keys to you.

I'll go ahead and report him to FoG. He was the one who sent the money... to the wrong PayPal, there is "nothing" I can do against that. However, his excuse for "last" time was that he couldn't quicksell his things, so I requested for the bans to be lifted.

I'll go ahead and report him to FoG. He was the one who sent the money... to the wrong PayPal, there is "nothing" I can do against that. However, his excuse for "last" time was that he couldn't quicksell his things, so I requested for the bans to be lifted.

You said you sent him $80 for keys that you never got right? You can chargeback and get that back at least. 

When you report to FoG reply to the SR report that you want it closed and tag Tio José das Vacas in it. FoG doesn't like it when you report to them and SR at the same time.

You said you sent him $80 for keys that you never got right? You can chargeback and get that back at least. 

When you report to FoG reply to the SR report that you want it closed and tag Tio José das Vacas in it. FoG doesn't like it when you report to them and SR at the same time.

How exactly do I what you said in the second line? I sent the money as Friends/Family directly from my balance so I'm not sure if it'll be refunded or not. Also, it doesn't seem like he'll respond to the chargeback claim, I don't know PayPal issues, but can I still get my money back if he doesn't respond to the chargeback?

EDIT: Figured out how to tag him.

How exactly do I what you said in the second line? I sent the money as Friends/Family directly from my balance so I'm not sure if it'll be refunded or not. Also, it doesn't seem like he'll respond to the chargeback claim, I don't know PayPal issues, but can I still get my money back if he doesn't respond to the chargeback?

EDIT: Figured out how to tag him.

I don't know if sending it as F&F matters since I've never had to chargeback, but I'd still try it. You'll have to go through your bank or credit card holder and then they will contact PayPal. PP's info.

It doesn't sound like he ever intended to pay you really. Sending it to "someone else" sounds pretty lame.

Archived