Boston Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Sentenced to Death

Keroro1454

What kind of life is it where you are behind bars everyday? What if something good happens to him in the afterlife? You don't know these things

A life where you get to live. And theoretically if he did go to a good place afterwards, does a couple decades really matter when you're spending an eternity in the afterlife? It's just a waste of money and time if he's in prison for life.

It seems like quite a lot of you are advocating a slow and  painful death. If you feel so strongly about this, would you be capable of inflicting such pain on him yourself? If not, perhaps you should forget these thoughts.  Regardless of what he has done, I feel that it would still be inhumane to do such a thing.  However, giving him a quick and painless death as a martyr is exactly what he wants. Let him rot in prison. 

Arguing for tougher punishments is essentially just arguing for more crime. Not to mention that USA's punishment system is already beyond insanity. 

Have you ever visited the Middle East/Southwest Asia?

Have you ever visited the Middle East/Southwest Asia?

I am well aware that there are other countries with even worse justice systems. That doesn't make the US one any less worse.

Arguing for tougher punishments is essentially just arguing for more crime. Not to mention that USA's punishment system is already beyond insanity. 

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/bg148

Is that true? I'm not saying it's necessarily false, and there is undeniable evidence to suggest that focusing on rehabilitation rather than punishment can lead to better long term results, but I can't find anything on a correlation between tougher punishments and higher crime.

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/bg148

Is that true? I'm not saying it's necessarily false, and there is undeniable evidence to suggest that focusing on rehabilitation rather than punishment can lead to better long term results, but I can't find anything on a correlation between tougher punishments and higher crime.

Well, it definitely leads to less criminality in the way that there will be less repeated crimes by the same person. I've been told on so many occasions by people working for the Norwegian Correctional Service that it also reduces first-time criminality a lot, but I got to admit I'm struggling to find a written source for it atm. Gonna dig a bit deeper into it tomorrow when I'm finished with exams :P.

I advocate against the death penalty. I dont think that he was fully accountable for his actions. He was partial influenced by his older brother. Life without parole would have been better.

In the end, i suppose we arent the judges. He'll get what is coming to him.

No, he gets a lethal injection in another 10 years after all his "appeals" are handled.

That's why he should get life in prison. Let him rot away in that hole.

Hell, even the Oklahoma City Bomber in '93 got several life sentences.

Besides, only killing him could inspire some martyr-styled belief in his head and the "appeals" will just end up traumatizing the victim's families over and over.

Archived